- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
- Masternak joins forces with legendary German coach Wegner
HBO Boxing tripleheader telecast Saturday at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT
HBO’s hit late-night boxing franchise returns for a full night of world class action when HBO BOXING AFTER DARK: RUSLAN PROVODNIKOV VS. CHRIS ALGIERI AND DEMETRIUS ANDRADE VS. BRIAN ROSE is seen SATURDAY, JUNE 14 at 10:00 p.m. (live ET/tape-delayed PT) from Barclays Center in Brooklyn, exclusively on HBO. The HBO Sports team will be ringside for the event, which will be available in HDTV, closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired and presented in Spanish on HBO Latino. Other HBO playdates: June 15 (9:00 a.m.) and 17 (12:45 a.m.) – HBO2 playdate: June 15 (3:00 p.m.)
In addition to the two live fights, HBO will air the replay of the Sergio Martinez-Miguel Cotto world middleweight title fight from June 7. In a brilliant display before a capacity crowd at Madison Square Garden, Cotto registered a career-defining performance in capturing the 160-pound title belt. The highly anticipated showdown was carried originally on HBO Pay-Per-View®.
In the feature event at Brooklyn, Ruslan Provodnikov (23-2, 16 KOs), the “Siberian Rocky,” puts his hard-earned junior welterweight title on the line against local talent Chris Algieri (19-0, 8 KOs) of Huntington, NY in a matchup slated for 12 rounds. An awe-inspiring outing against Timothy Bradley in 2013’s Fight of the Year and a rousing triumph over 140-pound titleholder Mike Alvarado last October have brought Provodnikov, 30, to the doorstep of stardom. The Russian’s exciting fighting style, coupled with arguably the most destructive right hand in the division, are guaranteed to satisfy the most critical boxing buffs.
Different principles have paved a path of triumph for the 30-year-old Algieri. In February, facing his toughest challenge yet, he picked Emmanuel Taylor him apart en route to a unanimous decision. That victory has merited him a shot at Provodnikov’s title in his first headlining bout on HBO.
The live action kicks off as two budding stars duke it out for the junior middleweight crown when titleholder Demetrius Andrade (20-0, 13 KOs) of Providence, RI, and Brian Rose (25-1-1, 7 KOs) of Blackpool, Lancashire, UK, square off in a 12-round fight.
After being knocked down for the first time in his promising career, Andrade, 26, doggedly scrapped his way to a split decision over the then-undefeated Vanes Martirosyan in his HBO debut last November. The rising star will be defending his title for the first time.
Victories by knockout, decision and points have cemented the 29-year-old Rose’s reputation as one the most versatile and ring-savvy prizefighters in the UK. This bout marks his first American appearance and his HBO debut.
Follow HBO boxing news at hbo.com/boxing, on Facebook at facebook.com/hboboxing and on Twitter at twitter.com/hboboxing.
All HBO boxing events are presented in HDTV. HBO viewers must have access to the HBO HDTV channel to watch HBO programming in high definition.
The executive producer of HBO BOXING AFTER DARK is Rick Bernstein; producer, Jon Crystal; director, Johnathan Evans.
® HBO BOXING AFTER DARK is a registered service mark of Home Box Office, Inc.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015