- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Hellraiser Promotions’ show this week features a fighter who hits like Gennady Golovkin
Golovkin is near the top of any list of pound-for-pound power punches – and coach John Tandy reckons Arthur Hermann has the same lights-out power in his fists.
Tandy knows all about Golovkin having watched him bash up his boxers in America – and will be in Hermann’s corner he aims to extend his own knock-out streak at the Camden Centre on Friday night.
The German middleweight has a perfect 9-0 record – and has knocked out his last eight opponents.
He’s been based with Tandy in North London for the last five weeks and he reckons Hermann could be the new GGG.
“Gennady doesn’t seem to be punching that hard,” he said, “but his opponents all end up on the floor.
“I see that in Arthur as well.
“He definitely has the same explosive power.
“We’ve got a lot to work on technically and Arthur needs to improve his fitness, but he is naturally heavy handed and has been knocking out bigger guys.
“I’ve worked with a lot of world-class guys and Arthur has just as much talent as any of them.
“Arthur is a natural. He just needs to get his mind straight and get himself 100 per-cent fit.
“He’s winning fights and knocking people out, but he’s still only 30 per cent of what he can be.”
Hermann turned professional with the Sauerlands, but is now working with manager Benedikt Poelchau.
Poelchau has sent him to work with Tandy – and Hermann says the training is much harder than in Germany.
He added: “I’m looking forward to showing the British audience my hand speed and power.”
Promoter, Mickey Helliet’s show is also being screened to 109 countries on Eurosport and Tandy reckons fight fans could eventually see Hermann and former Sauerland stable-mate Culcay settle their differences in the ring.
Culcay won world amateur championship gold in 2009 and currently holds the WBA Intercontinental light-middleweight.
Tandy said: “There’s definitely ill feeling there.
“Herman feels he was overlooked by the Sauerlands because of Jack and he would love to prove a point by beating him.
“If everything goes according to plan, that fight could definitely happen in the future.”
In the top-of-the-bill fight at Camden, Elliott Matthews puts his Southern Area middleweight title on the line against Diego Burton and the show also features unbeaten Polish heavyweight Marcin Siwy and more.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES