- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
- USA Boxing’s Elite Women to Face Northern Neighbors in the Battle of the Frontiers on August 21
- Gingras-McCreedy, young stars headline Sept. 12
Huck defends WBO Crown vs. Larghetti on August 30!
Unbeaten in 21 fights with thirteen knockout victories to his credit – Mirko Larghetti will be facing Marco Huck (37-2-1, 26 KOs) for “The Captain’s” WBO Cruiserweight World Championship on August 30. The Gerry Weber Stadium in Halle/Westphalia, Germany will play host to Huck’s 13th defense of the title he acquired back in August of 2009. If successful, the protégé of coach Ulli Wegner will equal Johnny Nelson’s record for the most title defenses in the cruiserweight division.
However, Larghetti has other plans. The Italian is still fuming over the cancellation of his title bid on March 29, which saw Huck injuring the thumb of his right hand in preparation of their fight. “I was ready back then and I am even more ready now,” said the 31-year-old, adding: “Hopefully, Huck is more careful with his hands this time. I want to show him and the boxing fans that I am a better fighter and the man to put an end to his title reign.”
Nevertheless, Huck is not intimidated by the challenger’s taunts, countering: “This will be Larghetti’s first and last world title fight. When I am done with him he will wish not ever having shared the ring with me.” “The Captain” has a motto for this fight: “I will make Spaghetti out of Larghetti!”
Huck was last seen defending his WBO Belt against compatriot Firat Arslan via TKO6 on January 25.
Tickets for the WBO Cruiserweight World Championship on August 30 will go on sale by Monday, July 7, via www.gerryweber-world.de and www.eventim.de.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin
- Danny Garcia – Viktor Postol fight ordered by WBC