- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
Huck trying to set record on May 3
Date and venue are set for Marco Huck’s (37-2-1, 26 KOs) next title defense. The WBO World Cruiserweight Champion will lace his gloves again on May 3 at the MHP Arena in Ludwigsburg, Germany. Moreover, this one could feature a special occasion: If Huck wins, he would equal the record for most title defenses at cruiserweight!
“I am excited to have my next bout in Ludwigsburg,” said the 29-year-old titlist, who beat Firat Arslan just two weeks ago in Stuttgart – a 30 minutes car ride from the MHP Arena. “The atmosphere at the Arslan fight was of the charts and I expect nothing less come May 3.”
The chance to establish a record adds motivation for Huck: “It is giving me a vital kick. I am still dreaming to step up to heavyweight to be honest. But to achieve this milestone would definitely mean something special to me.” Johnny Nelson (WBO Champion from 1999 to 2006) is currently the lone record holder.
Kalle Sauerland: “Marco did show in his rematch with Firat Arslan that he is not only one of the best cruiserweights in the world, but a great showman.” The promoter recollects: “As Marco entered the arena he was booed by about 90 percent of the crowd – and when he left, everyone was cheering him. Only a fighter like Marco Huck can do this and on May 3 we will witness it again.”
Huck’s opponent for his record-setting attempt will be announced in a short as well as the pre-sale of tickets for the event in Ludwigsburg.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things