- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
IBF make ruling on Brook vs. Porter
The IBF have ruled that Shawn Porter may risk his IBF welterweight title against Paul Malignaggi on the condition that the winner must make his next defence against mandatory challenger Kell Brook this summer. Both men must confirm in writing that whomever emerges as champion has the obligation to face Brook next.
Porter-Malignaggi must take place by April 19, with the winner required to face Brook 90 days thereafter. If Porter-Malignaggi fails to materialise by April 19, Porter’s next defence must be against the unbeaten Sheffield star. Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn explained the findings and expressed his delight for the 27 year old, who faces Alvaro Robles in a ten-round clash at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on Saturday, live on Sky Sports.
“The IBF wrote to me last week to confirm that IBF champion Shawn Porter had asked for an exemption to fight Paul Malignaggi on April 19, 12 days outside of the restricted period,” said Hearn. “We asked that if the exemption be granted then it should be accompanied by certain requirements, the most important of those being that both fighters in the proposed April 19 bout must agree in writing to face Kell within 90 days of the bout or by July 19.
“We received confirmation from the IBF today that the exemption would only be granted under a number of conditions including the above. It is great news for Kell after a frustrating period, and he just has to take care of business on Saturday night then I am sure Britain will have another World champion by July 19.”
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes