- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Interview with Cecilia Braekhus
On February 1st, WBA, WBC and WBO Female Welterweight Champion Cecilia Braekhus (23-0, 7 KOs), the pound-for-pound number one, will defend her titles against Myriam Lamare (22-3, 10 KOs) at the Nordic Fight Night in Frederikshavn. We have caught up with the First Lady to go the full 10 rounds with her.
0 – zero losses on her record. “And I intend to keep it that way,” Braekhus said.
1 – pound-for-pound the First Lady is the number one female fighter in the world. Whether The Ring or BoxRec, they all consider Braekhus the best. “This means so much to me,” she said. “It is such a tremendous honour.’’
2 – two fists have paved the First Lady´s path to glory. “I can´t say that I prefer the throw the right or the left. I need both of them because I think my combinations are my biggest weapon.”
3 – world titles. Braekhus holds the belts of the WBA, WBC and WBO.
4 – Saturday´s Nordic Fight Night in Frederikshavn will be the fourth time Braekhus fights at the Arena Nord. “It has become my second home,” she said. “It´s great to be supported by so many Norwegians. They make a lot of noise and give me extra motivation in the ring. I want to give them another great experience on February 1st.”
5 – five of ten, the half – half of Norway saw the Braekhus victory over Oxandia Castillo last September (50 percent market share on Viasat 4). “There is nothing like the feeling to know that your family, friends and fans back home watch you. I feel like I also fight for them, that I would let them down if I didn´t do well. That´s why I always prepare 100 percent.”
6 – six times the experienced Lamare has entered the ring as the challenger in a world title fight.
7 – knock-outs on the First Lady´s record. “You cannot really plan to win by KO,” she said. “It just happens.”
8 – Braekhus has just entered her eighth year as a pro. She made her first fight in Basle, Switzerland on January 20, 2007. “I was always very determined and wanted to be a world champion, but never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined to have a career like this,” she said. “Sometimes I still think I am dreaming.”
9 – In round nine, Braekhus clinched a spectacular KO victory over previously unbeaten champ Oxandia Castillo. “This was a great win against an up-and-coming fighter,” Braekhus said. “Castillo is a deserving champion in a different weight class but she will never get my belts.”
10 – number of rounds her title clash with Myriam Lamare is scheduled for. “I am prepared to go the distance,” Braekhus said. “Lamare is a very experienced and very strong opponent who has fought 10 rounds many times. This makes her dangerous. But I will be prepared for her.”
Cecilia Braekhus will be conducting a special Q&A session from Frederikshavn this evening at 18.00, answering fans’ questions live via her Facebook page – www.facebook.com/ceciliabrakhus.
The Nordic Fight Night will be broadcast live on Viasat 4 from 19.30-00.30. Tickets are available via arenanord.dk.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”