- Team USA’s Queen Underwood and Danyelle Wolf to Compete in Tuesday’s Women’s Continental Championships Action
- Sampson Boxing Signs Prospect Duo from Houston
- WBC: Mayweather-Pacquiao
- FRANK GALARZA REFLECTS ON PAST WEEKEND’S IMPRESSIVE VICTORY
- Date change and undercard announced – Golden Boy Live! at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Abraham: I’m ready to defend my title on Saturday night
Interview with Cecilia Braekhus
On February 1st, WBA, WBC and WBO Female Welterweight Champion Cecilia Braekhus (23-0, 7 KOs), the pound-for-pound number one, will defend her titles against Myriam Lamare (22-3, 10 KOs) at the Nordic Fight Night in Frederikshavn. We have caught up with the First Lady to go the full 10 rounds with her.
0 – zero losses on her record. “And I intend to keep it that way,” Braekhus said.
1 – pound-for-pound the First Lady is the number one female fighter in the world. Whether The Ring or BoxRec, they all consider Braekhus the best. “This means so much to me,” she said. “It is such a tremendous honour.’’
2 – two fists have paved the First Lady´s path to glory. “I can´t say that I prefer the throw the right or the left. I need both of them because I think my combinations are my biggest weapon.”
3 – world titles. Braekhus holds the belts of the WBA, WBC and WBO.
4 – Saturday´s Nordic Fight Night in Frederikshavn will be the fourth time Braekhus fights at the Arena Nord. “It has become my second home,” she said. “It´s great to be supported by so many Norwegians. They make a lot of noise and give me extra motivation in the ring. I want to give them another great experience on February 1st.”
5 – five of ten, the half – half of Norway saw the Braekhus victory over Oxandia Castillo last September (50 percent market share on Viasat 4). “There is nothing like the feeling to know that your family, friends and fans back home watch you. I feel like I also fight for them, that I would let them down if I didn´t do well. That´s why I always prepare 100 percent.”
6 – six times the experienced Lamare has entered the ring as the challenger in a world title fight.
7 – knock-outs on the First Lady´s record. “You cannot really plan to win by KO,” she said. “It just happens.”
8 – Braekhus has just entered her eighth year as a pro. She made her first fight in Basle, Switzerland on January 20, 2007. “I was always very determined and wanted to be a world champion, but never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined to have a career like this,” she said. “Sometimes I still think I am dreaming.”
9 – In round nine, Braekhus clinched a spectacular KO victory over previously unbeaten champ Oxandia Castillo. “This was a great win against an up-and-coming fighter,” Braekhus said. “Castillo is a deserving champion in a different weight class but she will never get my belts.”
10 – number of rounds her title clash with Myriam Lamare is scheduled for. “I am prepared to go the distance,” Braekhus said. “Lamare is a very experienced and very strong opponent who has fought 10 rounds many times. This makes her dangerous. But I will be prepared for her.”
Cecilia Braekhus will be conducting a special Q&A session from Frederikshavn this evening at 18.00, answering fans’ questions live via her Facebook page – www.facebook.com/ceciliabrakhus.
The Nordic Fight Night will be broadcast live on Viasat 4 from 19.30-00.30. Tickets are available via arenanord.dk.
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Canelo Alvarez Signs Major Agreement with HBO Sports
- Canelo back at HBO; next fight likely Joshua Clottey on December 6th
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint