- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
Jesus Gutierrez to Return on May 31
Undefeated Las Vegas-based lightweight Jesus “Chuy” Gutierrez (11-0, 3 KOs) is getting ready to electrify the ring once again on Saturday, May 31, when he takes on Mexico’s Pablo Beccera (7-6, 4 KOs).
25-year-old Gutierrez will face Beccera on the undercard of DiBella Entertainment’s and Sampson Boxing’s (in association with Right Hook Promotions) event entitled “Real Fights” in the Tropicana Pavilion at the New Tropicana Resort in Las Vegas.
The co-main events that night will be telecast live on HBO Latino and HBO2 (12 midnight [ET/PT]) and feature a 10-round super featherweight battle between Dominican former world champion Javier “El Abejon” Fortuna (24-0-1, 18 KOs) and heavy-handed Mexican contender Juan Antonio Rodriguez (26-4, 23 KOs), as well as an “All Puerto Rico” 10-round super bantamweight war between undefeated Luis Rosa (16-0, 7 KOs) and Luis “Orlandito” Del Valle (18-1, 13 KOs).
Tickets for “Real Fights” are priced at $85, $65 and $37 (plus applicable taxes). They are available for purchase online (www.troplv.com), in person at the Tropicana Las Vegas Show Tickets desk or by phone (800-829-9034).
Gutierrez, who was named the “Breakout Athlete of the Year” at the Vegas Music Awards, defeated Moris Rodriguez on April 4, at Sam’s Town Hotel and Casino, in his last fight.
Born in the Mexican town of Culiacan, Sinaloa, Gutierrez’s family emigrated to the US when he was still an infant. He discovered his passion for boxing after arriving in Las Vegas at age 14 and venturing into Johnny Tocco’s Boxing Gym, where he met his trainer, Danny Garcia.
Extremely popular in his adopted hometown, Gutierrez is also an outspoken advocate with Bully Busters 702, a local anti-bullying campaign.
“I’ve always been a confident fighter, but it wasn’t till the guys from the Mexican Olympic committee got a hold of me, that really convinced me that this boxing thing was for real,” Gutierrez recalls. “This sport had strangely found me, and there is no way I’m gonna let it go. I’ve always stood out in everything I’ve done, but boxing gives me this high, this feeling which I’ve never felt, nor can I replace.”
Gutierrez says boxing is his destiny, and he is constantly improving. “I was born for this, and every day that passes, I get better. With the support of my family, friends, and my ambition, there is nothing that can stop me. I’m here to make my name remembered in this this sport. I can talk about it all day, but I’d rather show you.”
Jesus Gutierrez is promoted by Right Hook Promotions along with promotions by HustleGurl Entertainment.
Also scheduled to appear on the card in a special-attraction eight-round middleweight bout will be former WBA junior middleweight world champion and “The Contender” champion, WBA #10-rated Sergio “The Latin Snake” Mora (25-3-2, 8 KOs) taking on once-beaten Samuel Rogers (14-1, 8 KOs).
To view Tropicana Las Vegas hotel rates, visit www.troplv.com.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…