- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
- TICKET ALERT!! IMP Presents The Pride of Pittsburgh II, Friday November 14th
- TRAVIS SCOTT HEADLINES WFC 30, PROFESSIONAL BOXING IN BATON ROUGE
Seldin vs Jargal on July 18th
Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing has announced an action packed co-feature for the ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS/ROCKIN FIGHTS 14″ event set for FRIDAY, JULY 18th at The Paramount in Huntington, New York as Long Island fan favorite CLETUS “The Hebrew Hammer” SELDIN faces tough veteran BAYAN “The Mongolian Mongoose” JARGAL in an eight round junior welterweight battle.
Advance tickets for ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS/”ROCKIN FIGHTS 14″ starting at $50, are on sale through Ticketmaster (Ticketmaster.com), the Star Boxing website (StarBoxing.com) and The Paramount Box Office, phone (631) 673-7300. Doors on the night of the event will open at 6:30 p.m. with the first bell at 7:00 p.m. The LIVE telecast will commence at 8:00 p.m.
“Seldin is undefeated and thrilled to be fighting for the first time on ESPN Friday Night Fights but Jargal is a very tough veteran and their styles will mesh well for an action packed fight”, said DeGuardia.
“This is Cletus’ ninth time fighting at The Paramount where he has performed in front of standing room only crowds each time therefore I would strongly encourage fans to purchase their tickets in advance.”
Known for his stunning knockout power in each hand the 27-year-old Seldin has become one of the most popular fighters in the New York City area while building an undefeated record of 13-0-0 with ten knockouts.
Most recently, Seldin thrilled the packed house at The Paramount on April 24th with a devastating seventh round stoppage of Wilfredo Acuna.
Sporting a battle tested record of 17-5-3 with 11KO’s; Mongolian born Jargal has faced numerous world champions and ranked contenders including Chris Algieri, Zahir Raheem, Breidis Prescott and Eric Aiken.
“Jargal gave (world champion) Algieri a very tough fight here at The Paramount in 2011, this is his first time back and I’m sure he’ll be well prepared and looking to upset Seldin” said DeGuardia.
ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS/”ROCKIN FIGHTS 14″ is headlined by a ten round junior welterweight battle between EMANUEL “The Tranzformer” TAYLOR of Baltimore, Maryland and San Francisco based KARIM “Hard Hitta” MAYFIELD.
As part of the sensational evening of world class professional boxing, Star Boxing will also pay tribute to “The Fighting Pride of Huntington”, new World Boxing Organization Junior Welterweight Champion CHRIS ALGIERI.
Additional undercard bouts for ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS/”ROCKIN FIGHTS 14″ will be announced shortly.
The Paramount is located at 370 New York Avenue in Huntington, New York, 11743.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things