- Aiming for first title fight March 2015
- Lennox Clarke Spars Callum Smith
- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
Jose Felix Quezada Ready For Pro Debut This Friday
Chicago, IL (February 6, 2014) Former Chicagoland amateur standout Jose Felix Quezada makes his professional debut this Friday night, FEBRUARY 7 at the UIC Pavilion against East Chicago’s Chris Jackson in a four round lightweight clash.
Finishing up his amateur career two weeks ago with a record of 88-25, the 19-year-old Quezada spoke about his highly anticipated opening bow in the paid ranks.
“I won my last amateur bout two weeks ago and I’m ready to turn pro,” said the Shepard High School graduate. ‘This seems like the best time, I’ve accomplished a lot as an amateur.”
This past Saturday, Quezada and his advisor, Chicago entrepreneur Rick Ramos hosted a public media workout at a packed Body Shot Boxing Club on the city’s near South Side.
“It was terrific to see so many members of the media and friends come to the workout,” said Quezada who expects over 200 supporters to watch his fight on Friday night.
About the changes from amateur to pro Quezada said the head gear will be the biggest challenge, “It will take a bit to get used to but I sparred recently without and it went very well. My vision was much better as was my breathing.”
“Jose is ready and I’m thrilled to be a part of his professional career,” said Ramos. “He’s a terrific young man with all the attributes to have a very successful professional career.”
Jose Felix Quezada Chicago Public Work-Out
Chicago, IL (January 22, 2014) Highly decorated Chicago amateur boxer Jose Felix Quezada will make his much anticipated professional debut on Friday, FEBRUARY 7 at the UIC Pavilion.
In preparation for his pro debut, the nineteen year old Quezada, advised by local entrepreneur Rick Ramos will hold a Public Media Workout on Saturday, FEBRUARY 1 at 11:00 a.m. CT at the Body Shot Boxing Club, 600 W. Cermak, Chicago, IL, 60606.
“This a dream come true for me, I’ve been going to the professional bouts in Chicago for a few years and I’m very excited to fight on FEBRUARY 7” said the May 2013 graduate of Shepard High School in Palos Heights. “I’m ready to put on a great performance for all of my supporters and fans.”
‘It’s a little uncommon for a kid making his pro debut to hold a public media workout but Jose’s not your average young fighter” said Ramos. “I’ve watched him as an amateur for a number of years and he has all the talent to be a world champion combined with the looks and charisma to be a star in the sport.”
“Jose, his father and I have mapped out a plan for his future and I’m honored to work with such an outstanding fighter and terrific young man.”
Among the accolades Jose received as an amateur were; Three –Time State Silver Gloves Champion, Three-Time Chicago City-Wide Champion, Two-Time Regional Silver Gloves Champion and the 2009 National Junior Golden Gloves Champion.
Follow Jose on Twitter at @QuezadaTeam and like his Facebook Fan Page at “Official Team Quezada.” Follow Rick Ramos on Twitter at @ChiliRamos.
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down