- Lennox Clarke Spars Callum Smith
- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
Josesito Lopez & Aron Martinez Training Camp Quotes
ORANGE, Calif. (April 15, 2014) – In a special Thursday edition of ESPN “Friday Night Fights,” top welterweight contenders and Southern California rivals Josesito Lopez (31-6, 18 KOs) of Riverside and Aron Martinez (19-2-1, 4 KOs) of Los Angeles square off in the 10-round main event, Thursday, April 24, from the Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, Calif.
The telecast begins at 9:00 P.M. ET/6:00 P.M. PT on ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes.
Tickets priced $40, $30, and $20 are available online at hotwatercasino.com or at the resort box office.
JOSESITO LOPEZ TRAINING CAMP QUOTES
On facing Aron Martinez, Thursday, April 24…
“Every fight comes with a challenging opponent; Martinez is no different. He comes to fight and I’m sure I’m going to get his best. I have a lot of respect for anyone that steps into the ring. He’s looking to inflict damage on me, and I plan to do the same to him.
On his training camp, based in San Diego…
“It’s been a tough camp, a lot of old school hard work. We basically eat, sleep, and train. Lately we’ve been working on the technical aspects for how we want to fight. At this point my conditioning is there and we just need to make sure we have the correct strategy in place.”
On what Martinez plans to do…
“He’s a dangerous opponent and I understand not to underestimate any opponent. He’s hungry for a win and I’m sure he’s going to want to pressure me into corners and take his shots whenever possible.”
On how the fight is going to play out…
“People watching at home on ESPN and those in attendance are going to get treated to an excellent fight. We’re both exciting boxers that like to move forward. It’s a shame that one of us has to lose, but it won’t be me though.”
ARON MARTINEZ TRAINING CAMP QUOTES
On his training camp…
“I’ve had some really great sparring sessions at the Maywood Boxing Club in Los Angeles. I’ve seen all kinds of styles that will get me ready for my fight against Josesito.”
On his opponent…
“He’s an excellent fighter that has faced top quality boxers. He might not think I can hit because of my low number of knockouts, but I’ve been working on my strength and conditioning and I’ll be ready for whatever he brings.”
On how he thinks the fight will play out…
“If he wants to bring it, I’ll be ready for that. If he wants to box, we can box too. I’m sure he’s going to try to take me out and he’s going to be surprised when he finds out he won’t be able to do that.”
On how he plans to fight…
“We have a great strategy in place. I’ve increased my power, added strength and improved my conditioning. I know I wear down opponents and just because I don’t knock them out, that doesn’t mean I don’t hurt them. Josesito will be in a tough fight from start to finish.”
photos by CARLOS BAEZA / THOMPSON BOXING PROMOTIONS
VIDEO CREDIT: JOE PAJAR / THOMPSON BOXING PROMOTIONS
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down