- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- JOSEPH “JO JO” DIAZ VS. RAUL “BULE” HIDALGO TO REPLACE ANTONIO TARVER VS. JOHNATHON BANKS AS MAIN EVENT IN MONDAY, SEPT. 29 GOLDEN BOY LIVE! EVENT DUE TO TARVER INJURY
- USA Boxing’s Experienced Women’s Squad Prepare to Travel South of the Border for the 2014 Elite Women’s Continental Championships
- Star Boxing’s “Rockin Fight 15″ to Rock The Paramount New York
- Team Andrade waiting for phone to ring
- Nick Asberry & Ricardo Chavez to test their perfect records on 9.19.14
- Frank Galarza back in action on Saturday
JULIO CÉSAR CHÁVEZ, JR. vs. BRYAN VERA II SAN ANTONIO PRESS CONFERENCE TODAY! January 16, at 2 P.M. CT The Alamodome
Written by Marc Abrams of Banner Promotions
SAN ANTONIO, TX (January 14, 2014) — Former World Boxing Council (WBC) middleweight champion and Son of the Legend JULIO CÉSAR CHÁVEZ JR., his opponent, Top-Five contender and tough Texan BRYAN VERA,Houston’s former World Lightweight Champion JUAN DIAZ, Hall of Fame Promoter BOB ARUM, Zanfer Promotions’FERNANDO BELTRAN, two-time heavyweight champion GEORGE FOREMAN and ARTHUR PELULLO,President of Banner Promotions, will host a news conference announcing the eagerly-awaited rematch — Chávez Jr. vs. Vera II — TODAY! January 16, in the Alamodome (Stadium Floor – South end.) Doors will open at 1:30 p.m. CT with the news conference beginning at 2:00 p.m. CT.
The press conference will be open to the public.
Chávez (47-1-1, 32 KOs), of Culiacán, México, making his 2014 debut in his first fight in San Antonio in over two years, and Vera (23-7, 14 KOs), of Austin, TX, will go mano a mano again in a super middleweight bout that both combatants vow will settle the score from their controversial September 28, 2013 fistic debate which was won by Chávez Jr. Chávez Jr. vs. Vera II will be televised live from the Alamodome, Saturday, March 1 on HBO World Championship Boxing®, beginning at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT.
The telecast will open with two-time Ukrainian Olympic gold medalist and 2013 Prospect of the Year, VASYL LOMACHENKO (1-0, 1 KO), in only his second professional bout, challenging World Boxing Organization (WBO) featherweight champion ORLANDO SALIDO (40-12-2, 28 KOs), of México. Diaz (38-4, 19 KOs) will continue his comeback bid in the featured bout on the non-televised undercard.
Promoted by Top Rank®, in association with Zanfer Promotions, Banner Promotions, Foreman Boys Promotions and Tecate, tickets to Chávez vs. Vera II go on sale This Friday! January 17, at Noon CT. Tickets, priced at $200, $100, $60, $40 and $25 (plus applicable taxes and fees), can be purchased at the Alamodome box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com and via Ticketmaster charge-by-phone lines at (800) 745-3000.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things