- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Kentikian Faces Dan-Bi Kim
Kentikian Faces Dan-Bi Kim in WBA World Title Defense on May 31, 2014 in Krefeld
Cologne, May 14, 2014. WBA World Female Flyweight Champion Susi Kentikian is just weeks away from her second title defense. In a high stakes bout, the “Killer Queen” will face 23-year old Dan-Bi Kim on May 31, 2014 on the undercard of the World Middleweight Title showdown between Felix Sturm and Sam Soliman at the KoenigPALAST in Krefeld, Germany. Kim, hailing from South Korea, is the current IFBA World Mini-Flyweight Champion. She is looking to win her second world title in as many weight-classes.
“It’s the opportunity of a lifetime for her. If she beats me, she’s a two-division world champion. That would make her a instant star in boxing”, said Kentikian, who is currently preparing herself for the fight at the Sturm Box-Promotion gym in Cologne, Germany, with her coach Magomed Schaburow. “She’ll do everything in her power to defeat me. But I can promise that I won’t lose my belt. I’m the champion and will remain the champion!”
Kentikian last fought in December 2013 in Stuttgart. The WBA champ dominated former WBC titleholder Simona Galassi en route to a clear cut unanimous decision win. “I’m very proud of what I did last year”, she said. “I recaptured the world title, fought three strong opponents and beat all of them. But I want to continue to improve in 2014. I want to put on a show for my fans. I can’t wait to step into the ring in Krefeld in front of a great, great crowd.”
Other than Kentikian, WBA International Light Heavyweight Champion Konni Konrad, Maurice Weber and Alex Born will enter the ring on the Sturm vs. Soliman 2 undercard.
Tickets for “The Revenge of the Champion: Sturm vs. Soliman 2” on May 31, 2014 at the KoenigPALAST in Krefeld, Germany, can be bought online at www.eventim.de or at www.tickethall.de or via telephone by calling +49-1806-570070.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev “The Krusher” back on the Boardwalk & Rios vs Chaves potential FOTY
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing