- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Khan announces Mayweather’s next fight for him
Good luck to Maidana, against mayweather.
— Amir Khan (@AmirKingKhan) February 21, 2014
Showing perhaps the main reason why Floyd Mayweather Jr. maybe changed his mind about wanting to fight him, Amir Khan came out today and announced Mayweather’s next fight for him by telling everyone on his twitter that Mayweather will be fighting Marcos Maidana next on May 3rd.
This is Khan being Khan and wanting to be in control at all times. Why couldn’t Khan let Mayweather do his own announcing? Even if Mayweather where to fight Khan next, he’d let the cat out of the bag by telling the whole world about it long before the contracts were even signed. Khan already did that a month ago when he said that he had already signed his portion of the contract.
“No response from Mayweather or his team,” Khan said on his twitter. “Fights not happening. I should of taken the title fight last December against Alexander. Very disrespected by his team. Wasted my time. Good luck to Maidana against Mayweather. Can I apologies to the thousands of people who are let down. You me and everyone wanted the Mayweather fight. He’s running scared.”
I can just picture Khan as he wrote the above twitter post with Mozart’s Requiem playing in the background, house with windows blacked out, and just candles burning. Pure drama from Khan and maybe even for nothing. Mayweather still hasn’t even said who he’ll be fighting next, so Khan could be crying for nothing.
If Khan doesn’t get the fight with Mayweather on May 3rd then he really needs to blame himself instead of Mayweather for wasting his time because Khan should have fought former IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander last December when he had the opportunity. Alexander was strung along by Khan for weeks until Khan decided he didn’t want the fight. A win over Alexander would have put Khan in an ideal position for the Mayweather fight, because he’d have the IBF welterweight title, and a win over Alexander to show that he deserved the fight with Mayweather.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say