- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Lihaug and Hagen tip Braekhus for victory in Frederikshavn
Norwegian boxers Tim-Robin Lihaug (5-1, 4 KOs) and Alexander Hagen (3-0) both believe WBA, WBC & WBO Female Welterweight Champion Cecilia Braekhus (23-0, 7 KOs) will prove too much for Myriam Lamare (22-3, 10 KOs) when the pair meet at the Nordic Fight Night in Frederikshavn on February 1st.
”I predict that Cecilia will win on points or stop Lamare in the later rounds,” said Lihaug. ”She is the greatest female boxer of all time and I think that she will be too good and too clever for Lamare. To win, all Cecilia must do is go out there, be her self and execute her game plan.”
”I think there’s a big possibility that Cecilia will win by knockout,” said Hagen. ”She is younger than Lamare, so will be able to use this to her advantage and lay on the pressure from the very first bell. Although Lamare is very experienced and knows her way around the ring I believe that Cecilia will be too explosive for her.”
Lihaug and Hagen will both be in action alongside the pound-for-pound number one at the Arena Nord. A travelling army of fans are expected to make the trip over to Frederikshavn to cheer on the Norwegian trio. The increased popularity of boxing in Norway is something that both men attribute to the ”First Lady”.
Said Lihaug: ”Cecilia is a great ambassador for boxing in Norway. She is one of the most famous athletes in the whole country and everyone just loves her. Boxing is becoming more and more popular and I believe the biggest reason for this is Cecilia.”
Said Hagen: ”Cecilia has done a very good job for boxing in Norway. She’s paved the way for everyone else. The fact that she has made it to the top, despite being from this little country called Norway which forbids professional boxing, is very inspiring for me and all the boxers in Norway.”
The Nordic Fight Night will be broadcast on Viasat 4 in Norway. Tickets are available at arenanord.dk.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity