- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
Macklin teams up with Matchroom
Matthew Macklin has teamed up with Matchroom Sport and will kick off the new season at the National Stadium in Dublin on Saturday August 30 live on Sky Sports.
The Middleweight star is gunning for another World title shot and his opponent will be named at a press conference in Dublin soon.
The 32 year old has mixed it with Sergio Martinez, Gennady Golovkin and Felix Sturm for the big prize and is determined to get back into range of another crack at landing a World title crown.
“It’s been four years since I last boxed in the UK and five since I boxed in Ireland so I am really looking forward to boxing this side of the Atlantic again,” said Macklin. “The National Stadium has always been a great traditional venue for Irish boxing and I think the atmosphere on August 30 will be electric.”
Macklin will top an exciting bill in Dublin, with rivals Spike O’Sullivan and Anthony Fitzgerald clashing on an undercard that sees Olympic gold medal star Anthony Joshua MBE in action.
“I have been looking at bringing a big show to Dublin for some time and I am delighted to start a new era there for Matchroom Boxing on Aug 30 headlined by Matthew Macklin,” said Hearn. “Matthew is a proven world-level fighter on the verge of another World title shot and I am delighted to also be working with our American partner Lou DiBella on making that happen.
“Fans in Dublin can expect a corker of a card with Olympic Super Heavyweight king Joshua fighting in the city for the first time as a pro and an all-Irish grudge match between Spike O’Sullivan and Anthony Fitzgerald.
“We will announce a full card at a press conference in Dublin soon and tickets will go on sale the week commencing July 21.”
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz
- Wladimir working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Santa Cruz feels pressure of fighting in co-feature on Mayweather-Maidana 2 card