- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Maltese Invasion – Boxers Martin, Borg, Vella, Borg and Schembri Prepare for Upcoming June 27th Fights At London Gym
Maltese boxers, Steve Martin, Tyrone Borg, Mario Borg, Richard Vella and Christian Schembri, along with team members Charlot Colleiro and Thomas Camilleri, made the journey from the idyllic Islands of Malta to the world famous TRAD TKO Gym in London, in order to prepare for their upcoming fights on the Demis Tonna Prizeboxing Promotions ROCK SOLID event, which takes place at the Naxxar Trade Fair Grounds in Malta on Friday, June 27th.
The boxers made the trip to London for some extra preparations and sparring, under the watchful eyes of TRAD TKO coach Barry Smith, so no surprise that within hours of arriving in the UK that they were already in action at the famous East London fight factory.
WBUv International Champion ‘Super’ Steve Martin, who will be challenging Ivans Livickis for the World Boxing Foundation International Light Welterweight title on June 27th, was one of the first in the ring, where he enjoyed some serious sparring from Deon Reid.
Tyrone ‘El Terrible’ Borg also got a good few rounds in with aspiring pro David Gallagher as he prepared for his fifth professional outing against Zoltan Szepcsik.
The semi-pro boxers also got some good ring action in on their first day, Richard ‘The Viper’ Vella, who has a huge domestic showdown with Clayton ‘The Punisher’ Vella on the 27th June, got a few rounds under his belt against RJ Douglas.
Mario Borg and Christian Schembri each got a good few rounds in, against a mix of local boxers.
Following his sparring Steve Martin spoke briefly about his upcoming fight as well as the trip to London to train with Barry Smith.
“I’m not defending my title this time as my promoter came up with the idea to fight for the WBF title, I never say no to a fight so am very happy with this.
Yeah, we love it here, the TRAD TKO is the best gym in the UK.
This time I come with some of the boys, it’ll be good experience for them.
We arrived in the UK at half ten, then went to our hotel and then straight to the gym, we got here about one o’clock and was sparring by half past.
The Viper (Richard Vella) he was really good today, we’re confident he will win his fight against Clayton (Vella).
The Christian (Schembri) is going to spar soon and the boys are looking good too.
Thanks to Barry (Smith), Johnny (Gym partner Johnny Eames) and Rio (Gym partner and Malta Boxing Commission Vice President Gianluca Di Caro) for making us so welcome.”
Tickets, for the Demis Tonna Prizeboxing Promotions ‘ROCK SOLID’ event, which takes place at the Naxxar Trade Fair Grounds in Malta, on Friday, June 27th are available by calling 99291720 or 99672300
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada