- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Marali Defends WBF World Title Against Mabuza
In what will be a massive local attraction, and a top-class match-up, World Boxing Federation (WBF) World Light Welterweight Champion Zolani Marali will defend his title against former world titlist, and fellow countryman, Kaizer Mabuza on Friday July 18 in East London, South Africa.
This will be the second defense for Marali, who won the WBF crown in his second attempt by dethroning then champion Ali Funeka in December 2012. He has since defended against Mzolisi Yoyo last September, and is chomping at the bit to return to action.
Nicknamed “untouchable”, the 37-year-old Southpaw from Mdantsane has been a pro since 2001, compiling an impressive 23-5 (13) record against good opponents such as Xolani Ndleleni, Pastor Maurin, Thomas Mashaba, Billy Dib, Ji-Hoon Kim and the aforementioned Funeka, just to name a few.
Three years younger at 34, Kaizer Mabuza brings a more modest 25-11-3 (15) ledger to the table, but he has also mixed with very good opposition, defeating undefeated Ukrainian Serhiy Fedchenko (23-0) and former world champion Kendall Holt, and losing competitive brawls with Zab Judah and Chris Van Heerden.
In 2012 he won the IBO World title, stopping undefeated Australian Steven Wills (16-0-2), but lost the belt three months later in Russia to Khabib Allakverdiev (16-0), and he will see the fight against Marali as his big opportunity to become world champion again.
The Zolani Marali vs. Kaizer Mabuza WBF World Light Welterweight title fight will be promoted by Ayanda Matiti and his Xaba Boxing Promotions.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada