- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- USA Boxing’s Experienced Women’s Squad Prepare to Travel South of the Border for the 2014 Elite Women’s Continental Championships
- Star Boxing’s “Rockin Fight 15″ to Rock The Paramount New York
- Team Andrade waiting for phone to ring
- Nick Asberry & Ricardo Chavez to test their perfect records on 9.19.14
- Frank Galarza back in action on Saturday
- New Heavyweight Boxing Tourney
Mayweather vs. Maidana Fighter Grand Arrivals Flash Quotes
(Photo credit: Esther Lin/Showtime) LAS VEGAS (April 29, 2014) — Main event and undercard fighters for “THE MOMENT: Mayweather vs. Maidana” made their grand arrivals Tuesday to the MGM Grand Hotel Lobby to officially kick off fight week activities leading up to this Saturday night’s SHOWTIME PPV® event.
FLOYD “MONEY” MAYWEATHER, 10-Time, Five-Division World Champion and WBC Welterweight World Champion
“We’re five days away from another big event; this bout is about two fighters coming together giving the people what they want to see.
“Maidana is hungry, he’s ready and he has a great knockout ratio. It’s all about keeping composure and sticking to the game plan.
“It’s the best fighting the best. I’m glad he believes in himself and that’s what it’s all about. It’s champion versus champion and country versus country.
“Saturday night you’re not going to see the same Floyd Mayweather. I’ll be right there going toe-to-toe.”
MARCOS MAIDANA, WBA Welterweight World Champion
“To see all these people here supporting me is amazing.
“I know people think I’m going to lose, but I come to win and I’m not afraid of anybody or anything.
“I have the support of the Latino people and I’m coming to win.”
AMIR “KING” KHAN, Former Unified Super Lightweight World Champion
“It’s going to be a great event, my first time fighting at the MGM Grand, not in Las Vegas but at the venue.
“I worked very hard, I feel healthy and strong at 147.
“I’m not looking past Collazo. He’s a good, strong fighter. We just want to put on a show and the best man will win.”
LUIS COLLAZO, WBA International Welterweight Champion
“You can expect fireworks in the ring on Saturday.
“I love being the underdog. I’ve been the underdog my entire life. I may be underrated, but I’ve never faded.
“I’m humbled by the opportunity to be here. I’m going to give the fans a great night of boxing.”
ADRIEN “THE PROBLEM” BRONER, Former Three-Division World Champion
“I told Molina it’s work time. I’m going to beat him. Everybody knows Adrien Broner.
“It’s amazing to be on Floyd’s card. He’s going to do his thing and I’m going to do mine.”
CARLOS MOLINA, Junior Welterweight Contender
“There’s no pressure in this fight; we put in the hard work.
“We know what Broner brings and we’re ready to shock the world. We’re going to bring the heat and surprise a lot of people.
“I’m going to let my fists do the talking.”
J’LEON LOVE, Undefeated Super Middleweight Contender
“There’s no pressure. I’m training hard for the task in front of us.
“We know Marco is very tough, but I plan on coming out victorious.”
MARCO ANTONIO PERIBAN, NABF Super Middleweight Champion
“I’m happy to be here in Vegas. I plan to use this platform to grow my career.
“It motivates me to fight against a Mayweather Promotions fighter. You will see a new Marco Periban on Saturday.”
ANDREW TABITI, Undefeated Cruiserweight Prospect
“We’ll see what happens on Saturday night. I’m going to bring my speed, power and my technical skill.”
RONALD GAVRIL, Undefeated Super Middleweight Contender
“All I have to say is, next fight, next knockout.”
ANTHONY OGOGO, Undefeated Middleweight Prospect and 2012 Olympic Bronze Medalist
“I’m very honored to be here in Las Vegas. It’s a crazy place, but I love it and it’s where I want to fight.
“I’m going to put my heart and soul into this fight.”
ASHLEY THEOPHANE, Welterweight Contender
“It’s good to be back here for the biggest show that there is.
“It’s all about getting that win and moving on to the next.”
LANELL BELLOWS, Super Middleweight Prospect
“Fan’s can expect fireworks. I’ll be ready for war come Saturday.”
LADARIUS MILLER, Welterweight Prospect
“I’m honored to be here and I’m ready to bring my talent on May 3.
“Everyone should expect excitement in the ring.”
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things