- Hernandez and Arslan respectful, confident of victory!
- Demetrius Andrade invades Liverpool, England
- “Lara is one of the best I’ll ever face” admits Canelo on eve of eagerly anticipated clash live on Boxnation
- Boxing After Dark returns August 2
- Antoine Douglas headlines quadruple header on Sho Box July 25 at Turning Stone Resort Casino
- Road to Golovkin/Geale Premieres Tomorrow on HBO
McWilliams Arroyo vs Froilan Saludar this Thursday
World contenders McWilliams Arroyo, from Puerto Rico, and Froilan Saludar, from Philippines, will face in an International Boxing Federation (IBF) flyweight elimination bout this Thursday, June 19, at the Ruben Rodriguez Coliseum in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, in a Golden Boy Promotions presentation, in association with PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP), to be broadcasted on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Deportes at 8:00 p.m. (ET).
Also in the show, world title challenger Cesar Seda Jr. will return to the action in Puerto Rico, along with prospects Prichard Colon, Milton Saniago and Jose Lopez, among others.
“This Thursday we will back to the Ruben Rodriguez Coliseum with a great show and a big fight that will define the future of McWilliams Arroyo, who fight against Froilan Saludar for the top of the IBF flyweight rankings. It is an important step for McWilliams on his way to a world opportunity, and the fans can enjoy the fight live in the arena or on TV on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports”, promoter Ivan Rivera, president of PRBBP, said. “Also in the show world contender Cesar Seda Jr., who is in his way to return to a world fight, and young fighters like Prichard Colon, who will try to extend his unbeaten record. It will be a great night with Golden Boy Promotions and again on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Deportes”.
The main event will have McWilliams Arroyo (14-1, 12 KOs), a 2008 Puerto Rican Olympian and a 2009 World Amateur Championships gold medal, facing Froilan Saludar (19-0-1, 12 KOs), in a 12 round fight that will define the #1 ranked of the IBF in the flyweight division. Arroyo is ranked #8 and Saludar #12 by the IBF in the 112 pounds right now.
In the co-main event, Cesar Seda Jr. (25-2, 17 KOs), a world title challenger in 115 and 122 pounds, will fight in a 10 rounds superbantamweight bout against Mexican Alex Rangel (15-2-2, 9 KOs). Seda Jr., who came off an unanimous decision defeat on December, 2013, against the WBC superbantamweight champion Leo Santa Cruz, is ranked #6 by this entity in the 122 pounds.
In a fight scheduled to eight rounds in the super welterweights, Prichard “Digget” Colon (9-0, 9 KOs) will fight for the fifth time this year when he faces veteran Carlos Garcia (7-12-1, 7 KOs).
In four rounds fights, Milton Santiago (5-0, 3 KOs) will face Carlos Lopez (4-4) in the junior welterweights; Jose “El Chino” Lopez (2-0, 2 KOs) against Rafael Vazquez (1-0) in the lightweights; Rafael Gonzalez (8-2, 6 KOs) will face Eric de Jesus (1-1, 1 KOs) in the junior welterweights; debutants Jean Carlos Lopez and Juan Figueroa will fight in the bantamweights, and debutant Miguel Canino will face Luis Ortiz (0-2) in the lightweight division.
Prospect John Karl Sosa (10-0, 6 KOs) will not fight because he is sick with a virus.
Tickets for this show are for sale on Ticketcenter, accessing www.tcpr.com or calling (787) 792-5000. Prices are $15 and $30.
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Live Stream: Canelo vs Lara Weigh-In at 6 ET/3 PT
- Cleverly: Tomorrow is the calm before the Bellew storm
- Alvarez vs. Lara – A fight for Alvarez to lose
- Canelo-Lara Fight Week Coverage – Presser
- Mayweather vs. Maidana II Set For Sept. 13 Live on SHO PPV
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara: Winner enters elite ranks
- Bradley Up For A Miguel Cotto Fight