- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Michael McGurk looks to go 2-0, as he builds on his impressive KO debut
Making his debut on the annual Burns night show at the historic St Andrews Sporting Club in January, Glasgow fighter Michael McGurk started his slate with a impressive First round knockout of William Warburton which lead to it being shown on Sky Sports Ringside.
Managed by Tommy Gilmour, the 21 year old returns to action on Friday February 28th on Prospect Boxing’s “Lock, Stock and Twelve Smoking Fights” show at Ravenscraig Sports Facility. Reflecting on his first fight, McGurk was delighted with his start “ I was delighted with my first fight in the pro ranks, it went better than I was expecting. Since the fight the response I’ve had has been incredible, people have been really supportive and tickets have been flying out for my fight on February 28th.
With a short time between his first, and second fight the Welterweight hasn’t stopped training, and is looking forward to returning “My Training is going great, I train three times a day, Six days a week so I’m more than ready for this fight. My Coaches are mock and Lawrence Murphy and I’ve been sparring with Michael Jamieson and many more. I feel that my preparation for the fight has been bang on so il be ready for whoever I fight come February 28th.
He adds “I’m looking forward to getting out quickly, its shaping up to be a great show so it’s brilliant to be part of it. I have about 150 people are coming to watch me so I’m excited to put on a good show for them and the other people in the show. it should be a great night with a decent roster of talent.
“Lock Stock and Twelve Smoking Fights” takes place at the Ravenscraig Sports Facility on Friday February 28th 2014 .
Headlined by Rhys Pagan, the show will also see the professional début of JP McGuinness, Ryan Love, Shaun McShane, Ryan Love and Lee Gallagher.
Returning to action is Iain Butcher, Scott Edgar and Kenny Davidson
George Thomson, David Drummond, Michael McGurk and Matthew McAllister also feature on the card.
Tickets are priced at £30 and £40 and available from the fighters directly or by calling 01698 338 888 where Credit/ Debit Cards are accepted.
Further details on @ProspectBoxing on Twitter, and www.facebook.com/ProspectBoxing
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity