- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
The Nielsen Brothers: ”Nothing can stop us”
Two brothers. Two titles at stake. And a common goal of being the best in the world. Patrick and Micki Nielsen ooze confidence before their title fights on February 15th at the Albertslund MusikTeatret in Copenhagen, Denmark.
“I’ve trained harder and more disciplined than ever before. There’s a major belt at stake and I want my hands on it.”
So says 22-year-old Patrick Nielsen ahead of his fight for the WBC Silver Championship against American Tony Jeter.
“I’m so excited to fight again. I’m in great shape. It doesn’t get much better,” says Nielsen, who last boxed four months ago winning via fifth-round knockout against Jose Pinzon.
His two years younger, brother, Micki is facing Georgian Gogita Gorgiladze for the WBC Youth World Title .
“We talk a lot about us both winning titles. We built each other up as brothers do. We have a feeling that nothing can stop us,” says Patrick Nielsen.
Micki Nielsen can hardly wait to get in the ring.
“That’s what I train for. To stand in the ring and prove myself. Just the walk to the ring gives me a great kick. It would be fantastic to win my first belt. It’s a big step towards the big dream of becoming a world champion.”
Micki Nielsen reveals that the relationship between the brothers is more friendly today than in the past.
“When we were 14-15 years old, we boxed against each other, but we had to stop because we became too angry with each other. We did not spare the other because we both wanted so much to win. You could be sure that you got payback if you hit the other hard,” Micki Nielsen tells with a smile.
“Today we are fighting for each other and help and support each other to get ready for the fights. It means a lot to me how Patrick is doing. I’m only relaxed when we both have fought our battles.”
Micki Nielsen to fight for WBC Youth title in Albertslund
On the same night his brother Patrick fights for the WBC Silver Middleweight World Championship, Micki Nielsen (12-0, 10 KOs) will get his first shot at a world title. The younger Nielsen brother will face Gogita Gorgiladze (17-3, 13 KOs) for the WBC Youth Cruiserweight title on February 15th in Albertslund.
Promoter Nisse Sauerland: ‘’Micki is a serious talent. I am sure this will be the first of many title fights that we see him in. Now, we have both Nielsen brothers fighting for world titles in their hometown on February 15th. The atmosphere is going to be incredible.’’
Tickets for the Nordic Fight Night at the Albertslund MusikTeatret are available via billetnet.dk.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent