- Team USA’s Queen Underwood and Danyelle Wolf to Compete in Tuesday’s Women’s Continental Championships Action
- Sampson Boxing Signs Prospect Duo from Houston
- WBC: Mayweather-Pacquiao
- FRANK GALARZA REFLECTS ON PAST WEEKEND’S IMPRESSIVE VICTORY
- Date change and undercard announced – Golden Boy Live! at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Abraham: I’m ready to defend my title on Saturday night
Photos: Golovkin Throws Out 1st Pitch At Dodgers Game
This past Saturday night, boxing’s fastest rising star, GENNADY “GGG” GOLOVKIN was honored by the first place Los Angeles Dodgers taking the hill for the game’s honorary first pitch.
Golovkin also spent time receiving well wishes from Dodger All-Star YASIEL PUIG among a long list of players who wanted to spend time with the WBA/IBO Middleweight World Champion.
GOLOVKIN VS. GEALE is presented by K2 Promotions, GGG Promotions in association with Gary Shaw Productions and Grange Old School Boxing.
Advance tickets priced at $500, $300, $200, $100, $50 and $25 are available at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster charge by phone (866-858-0008) and online at www.ticketmaster.com and www.thegarden.com
Photos/Courtesy Abel Sanchez
Gennady Golovkin takes to the hill Saturday night
Los Angeles, CA (July 11, 2014) Heading into the 2014 All-Star Break and seeking depth in their starting pitching, the first place Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired middleweight world boxing champion GENNADY “GGG” GOLOVKIN to take the mound on Saturday night for their game against their Southern California rivals San Diego Padres at the famed Chavez Ravine stadium in Los Angeles.
“This is a terrific opportunity for Gennady, he’s been training up in Big Bear for his title defense against Daniel Geale in two weeks and his fastball has never looked sharper” said Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions. “Although planned as an honorary first pitch by the Dodgers we’re confident that he can get through the first few innings unscathed.”
Said Golovkin, “I’m honored to throw out the first pitch on Saturday night. I’ve been training in Big Bear for my fight against Geale but look forward to having a great time on Saturday night at the ballpark.”
Sporting boxing’s highest knockout percentage with a record of 29-0-0 including 26 stoppages, Golovkin will head to mound at 6:55 p.m. PT for the honorary pitch prior to the 7:10 p.m. PT start of the third game of the Dodgers/Padres weekend series.
Golovkin will wrap up training within the next week and head to New York City for his WBA/IBO Middleweight World Title defense against two-time former world champion Geale on Saturday, July 26 from ‘The Mecca of Boxing”, Madison Square Garden on LIVE on HBO World Championship Boxing ® beginning at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT.
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Canelo Alvarez Signs Major Agreement with HBO Sports
- Canelo back at HBO; next fight likely Joshua Clottey on December 6th
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint