- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
- Full Card Announced For Golden Boy Live! Card In Fairfield, Calif
- Rising Minnesota Prospects Look To Impress Friday Night At Grand Casino Hinckley
Mike “Yes Indeed” Reed Hammers Regino Canales in 4th Rd TKO
Mike Reed (photo by Justin Jones / ESB) improved his undefeated record to 9-0 (6 KOs) when he took on game opponent Regino Canales in the main event at Rosecroft Raceway Friday Night Fights. The contest was halted by the referee at the end of the fourth when ringside physicians decided it was unsafe for Canales to answer the bell for the fifth round. Shortly after the bout was stopped Regino collapsed in the ring and seemed to have seizure like symptoms. He was taken out the ring on a stretcher and evaluated at Prince Georges County Hospital. I am glad to report that he was treated and released this morning.
Mike stayed behind his high guard and worked his way in with the jab. He was throwing bombs from both hands that connected to the head and body of Canales. Mike dropped Canales in the third round from a combination of punches ending with a right hook. Mike’s defense was on display as well as he made Canales fall to the canvas from missing a wild right hand.
From round one Mike worked the body and by the fourth round you could see that they were effective. Caneles began to bend forward from the body shots and wince, showing that he was bothered by the hooks to his midsection. Caneles went to the ropes in the final seconds of the fourth round and mike went on the attack. Canales finished the round on his feet but the ringside officials had seen enough.
Canales record has now dropped to 6-5 (2 KOs). Mike put on a crowd pleasing performance at Rosecroft which is located in Fort Washington, MD. We will continue to lookout for Mike Reed as he campaigns in the junior welterweight division.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz
- Wladimir working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Santa Cruz feels pressure of fighting in co-feature on Mayweather-Maidana 2 card
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Brook pushing hard for Khan fight