- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
Mitch Prince Issues a challenge to the “Limited” Darren Hamilton
by James Tonks: Exciting light-welter prospect Mitch Prince has issued a challenge to the “Limited” British champ Darren Hamilton.
On the 10th on November 2013, fans’ favourite Mitch Prince despatched Slovakian Ivan Godor over six rounds with a comfortable 60-54 decision by referee Ged O’Neill. This was his first win since his controversial loss to Scotland’s Willie Limond and his second victory in 2013 from three fights.
The loss was such a huge disappointment, Prince says he almost quit the sport:
“I was ready to retire after the Limond loss, but I met Lee Rawlings who helped change my mind and led me back to thriving to get to the top. Lee became my sponsor (www.ringsideboxingequipment.co.uk), and I’m so dedicated I’ve had the logo tattooed on my leg. With Lee and more importantly with my coach, friend and mentor Jim Love behind me, we can get to the top before I retire.”
Prince is now looking to have a big 2014 and has made some big changes to maximise his boxing potential:
“I’ve given up alcohol and made some positive changes to my life. I am in the right shape physically to make the best attempt to do something with my boxing career and I plan on having a big 2014.”
The “Something” is to become British Light-Welterweight Champion:
“I would like to fight Darren Hamilton; I have been calling him out for some time. Hamilton is very strong but he is limited as a fighter and I believe I have the perfect gameplan to win and become the new British Champion, providing he beats Curtis Woodhouse and accepts my challenge.
“I will fight anyone anytime providing it’s for the right money so that I can train full-time and be fully prepared for the fight.”
Prince also has a message for his loyal fans:
“Thank you so much to everyone who’s purchased tickets to come support me; without them I’ve not got a boxing career. And last but not least my fiancée Caroline, who is my life and the reason I am where I am. ”
Will Hamilton accept the challenge or will he continue to avoid contender Mitch Prince in 2014?
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say