- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
- Coyle and Ryder heading to Dublin
- Sammy Vasquez Jr. Training Camp Quotes
Molina Working Hard, Preparing for Defense Against Charlo
IBF Junior Middleweight Champion “King” Carlos Molina (22-5-2, 6 KO’s) took a break from training yesterday to hang out with all-time-great “Iron” Mike Tyson in Chicago.
Molina, 30, is deep in preparations for his upcoming fight, his first title
defense against unbeaten, but unproven, Jermall Charlo (17-0, 13 KO’s) on the Showtime PPV undercard of Saul “Canelo” Alvarez vs. Alfredo Angulo on March 8 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
“We always have a good game plan going in and we’ll have one this time,” said Molina. “We have to train to beat him a number of different ways because you never know what will happen on fight night.”
Molina says he’s not taking 23-year-old Charlo, rated #5 IBF, #5 WBO, #13 WBC, lightly, despite his being unproven against top-flight opposition.
“It’s hard to tell what he’ll bring,” said Molina. “But he’s undefeated, so you have to take him seriously. I’ll be ready for anything.”
Molina is sparring, once again, with undefeated cruiserweight contender Dimar Ortuz, among others.
“Dimar gives me a lot of movement and fights me on the inside and the outside. And he’s very strong, so no matter who I fight on fight night, they’re never as strong as he is.”
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes