- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
- TICKET ALERT!! IMP Presents The Pride of Pittsburgh II, Friday November 14th
- TRAVIS SCOTT HEADLINES WFC 30, PROFESSIONAL BOXING IN BATON ROUGE
- JOSEPH “JO JO” DIAZ VS. RAUL “BULE” HIDALGO TO REPLACE ANTONIO TARVER VS. JOHNATHON BANKS AS MAIN EVENT IN MONDAY, SEPT. 29 GOLDEN BOY LIVE! EVENT DUE TO TARVER INJURY
NEF: Nash Roy takes on the debuting Caleb Farrington
New England Fights (NEF), the Northeast’s premier fight promotion, today announced the addition of an amateur catchweight bout to the company’s “NEF XIV” mixed martial arts (MMA) event. The fight will feature Nash Roy (2-0) taking on the debuting Caleb Farrington (0-0) at a weight of 175-pounds. “NEF XIV” is scheduled to take place on September 6, 2014 at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston, Maine with a bell time of 7:00 pm.
Undefeated Nash Roy made his debut with NEF in the fall of 2013. That night, he scored an impressive submission victory over Brandon Traknis (0-2) in the first round. Currently training with Young’s MMA in Bangor, Maine, 20-year old Roy has lost an amazing 100-pounds since he started at the gym. He now concentrates on eating right and physical fitness. Hoping to share his newfound healthy lifestyle with others, Roy has recently been certified as a personal trainer.
“This is my toughest opponent yet,” said Roy of the upcoming bout with Farrington. “I’m training harder than I ever have to ensure that every second of every round I will be trying to finish the fight, no matter where it goes.”
Caleb Farrington, like Roy, is also 20-years old. Farrington is a 2012 graduate of Mt. Blue High School in Farmington, Maine. An accomplished high school wrestler, Farrington won a Class A state championship his senior year. He is currently a member of the largest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) team in the northeast, New England United, where he is a Blue Belt training under Origin BJJ owner and operator Pete Roberts. Farrington looks forward to making the transition to MMA on September 6 in Lewiston.
“I have always wanted to try MMA, and I feel that my skill level is now at the level to do so and look forward to it,” stated Farrington when reached for comment. “You can expect to see a high energy fight and a fight that is not just two amateurs just swinging away but a fight with skill. My message to Nash Roy would be, ‘I am looking forward to our fight and expect fireworks on September 6th.'”
NEF’s next MMA event, “NEF XIV,” is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 6, 2014 at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston, Maine with a bell time of 7:00 pm. In the main event of the evening, Tim “The Maine-iac” Sylvia (31-9) returns to Maine to face fellow UFC veteran Christian Morecraft (8-3) for the Super-Heavyweight Title. Featherweight Champion Ray “All Business” Wood (4-0) returns from injury after a year of recovery against Brazil’s Gabriel Baino (6-1). Bantamweight Champion Paul Gorman (10-8) defends against Tim “The Terror” Goodwin (8-4). Plus, Bruce “Pretty Boy” Boyington (6-7) and Jesse “The Viking” Erickson (3-2) will meet for the Lightweight Title, Ryan Sanders (6-5) faces Ryan Quinn (10-4-1), and John “First Class” Raio (2-5) competes in his final fight.
Tickets for “NEF XIV” start at just $25 and are on sale now at www.TheColisee.com or by calling The Colisee box office at 207.783.2009 x 525. For more information on the event and fight card updates, please visit the promotion’s website at www.NewEnglandFights.com. In addition, you can watch NEF videos at www.youtube.com/NEFMMA, follow them on Twitter @nefights and join the official Facebook group “New England Fights.”
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things