- NEXT TUESDAY! Crawford vs Beltran World Title News Conf in Omaha – 12:30 PM
- MATHEWS AND DINGSDALE COLLIDE ON ECHO ARENA CARD
- Coyle: Katsidis is only in exciting fights
- Arthur Abraham, Paul Smith Officials Announced
- Charles Hatley vs. Richar Gutierrez New IMP Co-Main This Friday in Dallas
- Gavin v Skeete On Blockbuster Excel Show!
Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame FAN EVENT-April 11th
The Nevada Boxing Hall Of Fame will hold its first event of 2014, a fund-raising “Party With Boxing’s Legends” Friday, April 11, in the beautiful Havana Room at The New Tropicana Las Vegas. The event, designed to bring the boxing community together, starts at 8pm with tickets priced at $35 presale and $45 at the door. Light hors d’oeuvres and soft drinks will be served with a cash bar available.
Already confirmed to attend are 7 former World Champions including 2014 Inductee Cornelius Boza-Edwards, and 2013 Inductee Mike “The Body Snatcher” McCallum. Other champions on hand include Sugar Shane Mosley, Zab Judah, Ishe Smith, Kevin Kelley and Clarence “Bones” Adams. Two NVBHOF Inductees in the “Officials” class, referees Richard Steele and Kenny Bayless will be in attendance to speak to fans, as will Trainer Inductee Miguel Diaz. Representing the boxing broadcast galaxy will be 2013 Inductee Al Bernstein of Showtime, Harold Lederman of HBO fame, an Inductee Col. Bob Sheridan of international renown. From the world of entertainment, gifted R&B voice “Lloyd” will attend, and party will be hosted by radio star DJ Nina 9.
NVBHOF Founder and President Rich Marotta said, “We are excited to kick off our 2014 events and especially thrilled to be hosting this event at the all-new Tropicana resort in Las Vegas. Fans will absolutely be blown away by the Havana Room – not only is it one of the most elegant and unique Las Vegas event venues, but it’s the perfect backdrop for this night of fun and fundraising. The event will be a combination ‘meet and greet’, autograph and photo session with music mixed in, and a great raffle for boxing memorabilia. With the Pacquiao-Bradley fight the next night, and the ESPN Friday show earlier that night, we are hoping boxing fans in Vegas take advantage of this unique opportunity to engage boxing legends up close.”
Details for advance ticket purchases will be announced this week. Details for the annual August induction Ceremony/Dinner Gala will also be revealed soon.
The Nevada Boxing Hall Of Fame is an IRS 501(c)3 chartable, non-profit organization. Ticket purchases, donations, auction and raffle tickets are tax deductible.
Nevada Boxing Hall Of Fame To Announce 2014 Inductees
The Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame will announce its second set of inductees, the 2014 Class of Inductees on Tuesday, February 11 at 2PM.
The announcement will be made at a press conference at Richard Steele’s Health Center, 2475 W. Cheyenne, Ste 110 in North Las Vegas. Lunch will be served at 1pm, prior to the press conference.
The NVBHOF was founded in 2012 by veteran boxing announcer Rich Marotta, and installed its first class of Inductees, 19 strong at a gala Inaugural Dinner and Ceremony in August 2013 at the Monte Carlo Hotel.. The dinner attracted a sold-out audience of more than 400 boxing figures, celebrities and fans. NVBHOF President Rich Marotta said, ” Last year’s events, in particular the induction ceremony and dinner, were met with great enthusiasm by fans and those involved directly in boxing. We look forward to having an even bigger year in 2014. ”
Inductees were chosen in 8 categories:
BOXERS, BOTH NEVADA AND NON-NEVADA RESIDENTS
NON-BOXER PARTICIPANTS (TRAINERS, MANAGERS, GYM OPERATORS)
OFFICIALS (REFEREES OR JUDGES)
For the 2014 Class, two categories were added:
NEVADA ADOPTIVE RESIDENTS (FOR BOXERS WHO MOVED TO NEVADA FOLLOWING THEIR CAREERS)
PIONEER CLASS ( SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTORS, BOXERS OR OTHERWISE, PRIOR TO 1960)
Inductees will be present at the press conference and available to be interviewed
The new inductees will be enshrined at a gala dinner and ceremony in August, 2014, date and site to be determined.
The Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame is a 501-c-3 non-profit, charitable organization. Donations to the NVBHOF and tickets to its events are IRS tax-deductible
FOR INFORMATION: 775-384-1903
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down