- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- United States’ Boxers Undergo Final Preparations for Youth Olympic Games Competition in China
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
Next Hatton Academy and Premier Training International course
FOLLOWING the success of last week’s course in London, the next Advanced Hatton Academy Boxing Workshop for personal trainers will take place in Manchester later this month.
Held in partnership with Premier Training International, the course runs for two days from Saturday April 19 and gives PTs and fitness instructors the skills needed to use boxing techniques as part of a training program.
Devised by four-time world boxing champion Ricky Hatton, the course is fully accredited by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) and the British Boxing Board of Control. Once completed, pupils are qualified to teach boxing for fitness sessions, either in groups or on a one-on-one basis.
Places are booking up extremely quickly, but four more course date are available through Premier Training International’s website.
They are Manchester (May 31 to June 1), London (June 28-29), Nottingham (July 26-27) and London again (August 30-31).
“The response to the courses has been overwhelming and the partnership with Premier has been brilliant,” Ricky Hatton said.
“Personal trainers learn a lot of great things on Premier’s course and I like to think what the Academy does will help them to become even better trainers.”
Jon Eade, Hatton Academy’s training and educational director, added: “All the courses we’ve run so far have had exceptional turn outs and standard of people qualifying has far exceeded all expectations.
“I’ve said before that Premier are the best in the industry at what they do and we’re very proud to be working with them and helping their pupils to gain the knowledge needed to teach boxing classes as well as gain a great qualification”.
Paul Dorkins, sales director of Premier Global, said: “It’s a pleasure to be working with the Hatton Academy, it’s an exciting partnership that will allow Premier Training Personal Trainer graduates a great opportunity to learn key boxing fitness skills from industry experts.”
Full details of course dates and booking information can be found at the following address – http://www.premierglobal.co.uk/courses/fitness/functional-fitness/ricky-hatton-boxing-workshops
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook