- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
ONE Fighting Championship Bolsters Its Ranks
24 March 2014 – Singapore: ONE Fighting Championship™, Asia’s largest mixed martial arts organization with a 90% market share, has bolstered its talent-rich roster with a series of signings of champions from around the world. England’s Chi Lewis Parry, China’s Ji Xian, Ukraine’s Igor Subora, the Philippines’ Cary Bullos and Indonesia’s Yohan Mulia Legowo have all agreed to exclusive contracts with ONE FC, and will be making their respective debuts at a later date.
Chi Lewis Parry is the current Heavyweight champion in the United Kingdom who has amassed an undefeated record of five wins and no losses. Parry stands at a towering height of two meters and prior to competing in mixed martial arts, was a professional basketball player in the British Basketball League. He boasts the longest reach in the ONE FC Heavyweight division and will look to use that advantage to propel him to victory in the ONE FC cage.
China’s Ji Xian has demonstrated that he can defeat most of the Bantamweight fighters in Asia, having earned a championship belt while competing in the now-defunct Legend FC. All 11 of his wins have come via submission, a testament to Ji Xian’s grappling prowess. He now gets an opportunity to test himself against tougher competition as he joins arguably the most talented division in ONE FC. The Bantamweight division currently boasts names such as Japanese MMA veteran Masakatsu Ueda, Filipino striking prodigy Kevin Belingon, Korean MMA star Soo Chul Kim and ONE FC Bantamweight World Champion Bibiano Fernandes.
Igor Subora, who also joins ONE FC’s Heavyweight ranks, is the former URCC Heavyweight Champion. The Ukrainian is trained in the combat sport of Sambo and has been unstoppable since coming to Asia. He is riding a five-fight winning streak and will be eager to demonstrate his Sambo skills as he takes a step up in competition and faces the best Heavyweights in the world.
Cary Bullos is one of the top mixed martial artists in the Philippines and the URCC Bantamweight Champion. He has been involved in martial arts since he was eight, competing in Muay Thai and Judo before turning his attention to the fastest growing sport in the world. He began his professional mixed martial arts career in 2006 and has won seven of his eight professional bouts with all of his wins coming by finishes, proving what an exciting fighter he can be.
Yohan Mulia Legowo grew up in Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia, and was exposed to all forms of martial arts from a young age. Since nine, Legowo has been committed to learning all the various forms of martial arts in the world and would take his time mastering each one before gradually progressing to the next. He eventually began to compete, earning accolades in Kickboxing, Sanda, and Submission Grappling. Like many Indonesian mixed martial artists, Legowo also had a sustained run in the now-defunct TPIFC from 2002 to 2004, including a contest against Fransino Tirta, another recent signing by ONE FC. His career stalled in 2007, when he suffered a broken arm. Although doctors told him his career was over, he resiliently fought back, recuperating intensely before finally being able to return to mixed martial arts action in 2010. Since then, he has been determined to make up for lost time and has not looked back since.
ONE FC’s next event, titled ONE FC: RISE OF HEROES, will take place at the 20,000-capacity Mall of Asia Arena on 2 May, and will feature a ONE FC Bantamweight World Championship title bout between reigning and defending world champion Bibiano “The Flash” Fernandes and Japanese contender and ONE FC Bantamweight Grand Prix winner Masakatsu Ueda.
For more updates on ONE Fighting Championship™, please visit www.onefc.com and follow us on Instagram and Twitter @ONEFCMMA and Facebook at www.facebook.com/ONEFCMMA.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada