- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
Pacquiao says he plans on being more aggressive against Bradley
(Photo credit: Chris Farina/Top Rank) Manny Pacquiao and Tim Bradley spent most of the time during their small 2-city press tour talking about aggressiveness and the killer instinct. Bradley thinks Pacquiao has lost his killer instinct, and Pacquiao not surprisingly agrees with him and is vowing to bring it back for their fight on April 12th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“Maybe he’s right,” Pacquiao said in agreeing with Bradley about him losing his killer instinct. “I’m sometimes just too kind and too nice to my opponents in the ring and that’s why you can’t see the aggressiveness and killer instinct. This time around I have to get it back and show I still have it.”
Well, Bradley could make it a little easier for Pacquiao to show his “Killer instinct” if he wouldn’t move so much in the rematch. The last time they fought in 2012, Bradley moved so much that he ended up injuring both of his feet. Bradley was in a mad hurry at all times to get away from Pacquiao to avoid getting hit, and it made the fight boring much of the time. Bradley fought well enough to win maybe 2 rounds, but the judges were favorable to him on that night, and he ended up winning a decision that he clearly didn’t deserve.
Bradley then turned around and got the stuffing beaten out of him by Ruslan Provodnikov in his next fight when he tried to fight without moving constantly, and he was very fortunate to get the decision. Bradley feels that he looked so bad because he didn’t move as much, but with the way that Provodnikov was cutting off the ring on him, he really had little choice but to go to war with him. If Bradley didn’t throw punches when he was trapped, he would have been knocked out. As it was, Bradley came very close to getting stopped in the 12th round.
It’s going to be tough for Pacquiao to be more aggressive in the rematch, because Bradley is clearly going to be circling the ring all night long like he was in the Juan Manuel Marquez fight. Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach needs to have Pacquiao training by having him jogging after his sparring partners because it might take that kind of training to get Pacquiao properly ready for the kind of nonstop movement that Bradley will be doing on April 12th.
This fight could end up being a stinker like their previous fight if Pacquiao can’t cut off the ring and force Bradley to mix it up.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015