- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
Patrick Hyland meet and greet quotes – set to headline upcoming Broadway Boxing card this Wednesday
New York, NY (7/21/14) – Earlier this evening, DiBella Entertainment (DBE) held a meet and greet for newly signed top-rated featherweight contender and former world title challenger Patrick “The Punisher” Hyland (27-1, 12KO’s), of Ireland, at Mercury Bar East in East midtown Manhattan. The exciting featherweight will be making his official NYC debut when he headlines DBE’s upcoming Broadway Boxing card at NYC’s famed B.B. King Blues Club and Grill in midtown Manhattan on Wednesday night. In addition to it being Hyland’s NYC debut, it will also mark his long-awaited return to the ring, after a near two-year hiatus due to promotional issues with his previous promoter. Below are quotes from the colorful Hyland.
“This training camp has been great working with my dad and brother Eddie getting ready back home in Dublin. We have been having great sparring with lightweight Stephen Ormond, who is ranked #7 by the WBO, so camp went very well.”
Regarding the long layoff, Hyland stated,”Yes, it was very frustrating being on the sidelines for so long after fighting on the big stage. I wanted more, but the promotional problems kept me out. Things happen though and I stayed in the gym and kept working hard. I knew I’d get it sorted out and would be back fighting eventually.”
“I’m very excited to be a part of team DBE now. I know Lou is one of the top promoters out there and will get me the fights that I want and get me back fighting for titles soon enough. He’s a very honest guy and fun to be around, which is good for an Irish lad who loves a good laugh, haha. I can’t wait to work with him and become another one of his world champions.”
“I am very excited to be fighting here in NYC. I flew in on Thursday and I’ve just been walking around the city and, man, I really do love this city. Now getting to actually fight here, it truly is a dream come true. The big dream for me is to ultimately fight for a title at MSG, so I’m hoping Lou will tie that down in the future, but no pressure boss!”
In regard to building a name for himself here in NYC, Hyland is very confident that the Irish boxing community will take a quick likening to him and his style.
“Well that’s the plan. There are a lot of Irish folks based in NYC and they’ve been looking for another crazy Irishman to light up the fights seen over here just like John Duddy did, so I’m hoping that my style of fighting can excite them and I can build my fan-base here.”
Regarding his future, Hyland wants to stay as busy as possible and get himself back into title contention by early next year. “I’d like to have three or four fights before Christmas to get busy again and then hopefully early in the New Year get a shot at a title. St. Paddy’s Day would be great!”
“I would like to thank Lou and everyone at DBE for bringing me back and all of the fight fans who will be at the show on Wednesday night. I can’t wait to get back in there and I promise that I will be bringing some punishment with me!”
Tickets for the Broadway Boxing event on July 23, sponsored by Manfredi Auto Group, are priced at $125, $100, $75 and $55. Tables are also available for purchase for this event, with VIP tables going for $1,000 per table (5 seats at $200 per seat), Ringside tables for $500 (5 seats at $100), and $375 tables (5 seats at $75). Tickets are available for purchase by calling the DiBella Entertainment office at (212) 947-2577. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with the first bout scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia needs to make a statement against Rod Salka