- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Pearce KO’d By Injury
By Daniel Mole
Stourbridge’s International Masters Welterweight Champion, Steven Pearce, faces a period on the sidelines after being diagnosed with inflammation of the lungs.
The former Midlands Area Champion was due to step back in the ring in May on EJKO Promotions’ bumper ‘Mayday! Mayday!’ show at Walsall Town Hall.
The 29 year-old was hoping to bounce straight back from his narrow British Masters defeat to Ryan Hardy earlier this month. After that fight, Pearce complained of chest pains and was put on a course of antibiotics. Still unable to train, he sought further medical advice and was diagnosed with inflamed lungs pending further tests next week.
“I’m gutted,” he told www.uko-boxing.com. “My career has been based on comebacks and I was hoping to make an immediate come back from the Hardy defeat.
“When I lost in Prizefighter, I went on to win the Midlands Area Title, when I lost that to Sam Eggington, I came back to beat Rob Hunt. After the Hardy loss, I was determined to get straight back in the ring and atone for that defeat.
“The comeback is on hold until I’m fully recovered, which won’t be in time to fight in May. It’s a shame but I need to get myself right first. I can’t train at the moment, so I’m just resting.
“I’m hoping to be back in June or July.”
Pearce has been replaced on ‘Mayday! Mayday!’ by stablemate, Kyle Spencer. The Dudley light middleweight lost for the first time earlier this month, so like had Pearce hoped, will be looking to make an immediate return to winning ways.
‘Mayday! Mayday!’ is headlined by British Masters and Midlands Area Light Middleweight Champion, Jason Welborn, and Walsall’s Luke Paddock.
Welborn takes on an International opponent over ten rounds whilst Paddock will be looking to build on his recent British Bronze Masters Light Welterweight Title victory.
Tipton super featherweight, Lee Glover, Staffordshire welterweight, Rob Hunt, Cradley super featherweight, Chris Male, Leicester welterweight, Ryan Nandha, Halesowen super middleweight, Lennox Clarke, Stoke welterweight, Josh McLaren and Wolverhampton super featherweight, Des Bowater, all feature.
Sid Bowater, Des’s elder brother, debuts at welterweight whilst Birmingham cruiserweight, Olly Lambert, completes the card in his first professional outing.
The show will be also aired live and exclusive on BBC WM’s DAB Digital Service and online at www.bbc.co.uk/wm.
Tickets, priced at £30 and £60 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900. The aftershow party takes place at the Pitch Sports Bar and Grill on Bridge Street, Walsall.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say