- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- JOSEPH “JO JO” DIAZ VS. RAUL “BULE” HIDALGO TO REPLACE ANTONIO TARVER VS. JOHNATHON BANKS AS MAIN EVENT IN MONDAY, SEPT. 29 GOLDEN BOY LIVE! EVENT DUE TO TARVER INJURY
- USA Boxing’s Experienced Women’s Squad Prepare to Travel South of the Border for the 2014 Elite Women’s Continental Championships
- Star Boxing’s “Rockin Fight 15″ to Rock The Paramount New York
- Team Andrade waiting for phone to ring
- Nick Asberry & Ricardo Chavez to test their perfect records on 9.19.14
- Frank Galarza back in action on Saturday
Prince-Svacina Title Clash To Be Broadcast Live (PPV) On August 2nd
Promoter Shyam Batra announced earlier today that Boxing Evolution TV are to broadcast former IBF and WBO Inter-Continental Champion and WBO World title challenger Mark Prince’s latest Championship challenge, when he takes on former Czech Republic Light Heavyweight Champion Jiri Svacina, for the MBC International Cruiserweight title on his SSE Promoted CALL OF DUTY event at York Hall on Saturday, 2nd August 2014.
Boxing Evolution – www.boxingevolution.tv – will be broadcasting live the entire event, starting at 7:00pm GMT (2:00pm EST – 11am PST) on Saturday 2nd August for just £4.99 (approx. $US8.50, €Euro 6.30)
Speaking earlier today, Mr Batra, said.
“I can’t thank Boxing Evolution’s Matthew Flavell enough, for the time and planning he has put in, so we can have our Call of Duty event broadcast worldwide.
He’s a hundred percent right, this is going to be a great event, there’s no way such a great night of boxing should be limited to those that can only make it to York Hall on the night, so having Boxing Evolution TV broadcasting it to the World makes total sense.
This is going to be a Small Hall classic, not only do we have Mark Prince back in Championship action again, fighting for the MBC International Cruiserweight title against a really tough opponent in Jiri (Svacina), but we also have a fantastic undercard lined up.
The main support bout is definitely one to watch, we have George Hillyard against Belfast’s Tommy ‘The Tiger’ Tolan.
This is a massive fight for George, it’s make or break for him, so we are expecting him not just to be on top form, but to put on the performance of his life.
Tommy isn’t a walk over, not by a long shot, let’s face it anyone that’s been in and mixed it up with the likes of Billy Joe Saunders, Paul and Callum Smith, Rocky Fielding and Callum Johnson is never going to be an easy opponent.
Co-main support is likely to be another cracking fight, we have one of the UK’s top young stars, Antonio Counihan in his first six rounder.
Antonio was the England amateur captain and he has taken to the pro game like a duck to water, three great wins under his belt, including two inside the distance, this kid is class with a capital C.
On the 2nd August, Antonio will be up against Simas Volosinas, no easy opponent either, we watched him when he fought Ian Bailey, he is tough and dangerous, just ask Romeo Romaeo, Simas cut him above the eye during their Battle Royale at York Hall last week.
If those three fights alone don’t whet the appetite, then boy oh boy wait until you see the rest of the undercard.
For a start we have the nightmare himself, Nathan Decastro, another fantastic former amateur star.
This kid has a punch that has been likened to a ‘kick of a mule’, don’t take my word for it ask Chris Eubanks Jnr, he felt the power and took the trip to the canvas in the amateurs, or his first victim in the pros, Pauius Butvidas, who lasted just one minute and five seconds in the ring with him, on the 2nd August Nathan will be powering his punches at Sergej Drob.
The American’s are going to love our next fighter, he’s one of their own, Manny Muhammad, he’s a former pro Basket Ball player turned pugilist and a future world star we believe.
Boy oh boy can this kid fight, on his debut in March they put him in with an unbeaten Lithuanian kid, Manny didn’t care he just went out there and out boxed him to get his maiden victory, on the 2nd he’ll be in against another tough kid Ernestas Dapkus, who by the way stopped his last opponent in the first round.
We’re also really pleased to be having he sensational amateur star Matar Sambou make his pro debut on our show, this kid was first bought to the British public’s eye by David Haye and has made a real impression on everyone at the TRAD TKO Gym, where he has been preparing for the fight.
He’ll be up against Tadas Stulginskas, this is the kid that stopped Suz Member in the first round back in March, with two big punchers up against each other this one could be explosive, to put it mildly.
We also have the sensational Ozgul brothers, Siar and Onder, I’m sure I don’t need to say too much about this all action pair. Both had magnificent international amateur careers back in Turkey, since moving to the UK they have just got better and better, both are unbeaten as pros and both are true class.
Finally we have the return of Juliette Winter to York Hall, last time she and Shanee Martin almost brought the house down, it was that good.
Thanks to Boxing Evolution, this fantastic night of Boxing can be watched by anyone that wants to see it, no matter where they are.
Signing up for the event on www.boxingevolution.tv is very easy, just go to the website book the event, Boxing Evolution then e.mail a token which you use on the night.”
Mark Prince versus Jiri Svacina, for the vacant MBC International Cruiserweight Title, headlines the Shyam Batra SSE Promoted CALL OF DUTY event at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Saturday 2nd August 2014.
The CALL OF DUTY event is available to watch live and exclusive on-line at www.boxingevolution.tv for just £4.99 (approx. $US8.50, €Euro 6.30)
Alternatively, tickets, priced £35 (standard) and £60 (Ringside) are available direct from any of the boxers taking part, on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com or call the TKO Box Office ticket line on 07960 850645
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things