- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Quigg destroys Munyai in 2 to retain Super Bantamweight title ; Crolla stops Murray in 10 in action packed battle
Scott Quigg retained the WBA Super Bantamweight title with a 2nd round stoppage over late replacement Tshifiwa Munyai. The Bout highlighted a 4-hour card that was televised live on AWE and originated from the Phones 4U Arena in Manchester, England.
“This was a great night of boxing,” said AWE President Charles Herring.
“Scott Quigg has been introduced to the American boxing fans on our network and he has established himself as one of the great 122 pound fighters in the world. The Crolla – Murray matchup was as advertised. We enjoy giving the boxing fans the most bang for their buck with these great shows and we look forward to continuing to provide the best boxing content out there.”
Quigg dropped Munya in round one with a perfect left hook to the jab. Munyai was on shaky legs but there was only a few seconds left in the round. It didn’t matter as halfway through round two, Quigg landed a booming right that crumpled Munyai to the canvas again. Quigg finished things with a big flurry of punches and referee Howard Foster stopped the fight at 1:56.
Quigg, 121 1/2 lbs made the 3rd successful defense of his belt and he is now 28-0-2 with 21 knockouts. Munyai is now 24-3.
In what was billed the Battle of Manchester, Anthony Crolla scored a 10th round stoppage over his close friend John Murray in a scheduled 12 round Lightweight bout.
The fight lived up to its billing that saw Murray set a fast pace early. Around the 5th round, Crolla started getting into the fight as he landed some shots and began to focus on the body.
Colla seemed more confident and was getting through with shots that cut and eventually closed the left eye of Murray. Crolla wore Murray down and dropped Murray in round 10. Murray showed toughness but ate a flurry of hard punches and was eventually stopped.
Crolla, 134 3/4 lbs is now 28-4-1 with 11 knockouts. Murray, 134 3/4 lbs, who fought Brandon Rios for a Lightweight title is now 33-3.
Josh Warrington scored the biggest win of his career by stopping former world title challenger Rendall Munroe to and retained his Commonwealth Featherweight title after the 7th round of the 12 round bout.
Warrington systematically beatdown Munroe until he stopped the fight in the corner between round’s 7 and 8. Munroe cited a damaged mouth.
Warrington, 125 1/2 lbs is now 17-0 with 2 knockouts. Munroe, 125 lbs is 28-5-1.
An emotional Munroe announced his retirement after the bout.
Good looking Super Middleweight prospect Callum Smith scored a 3rd round stoppage over Francois Bastient in a scheduled six round bout.
Smith dominated the fight while landing shots to the head and especially to the body. It was an uppercut to the body that sent Bastient to the canvas and the bout was stopped by the corner at 1:10 of round three.
Smith 171 1/4 lbs of Liverpool, UK is now 10-0 with 8 knockouts. Bastient, 177 lbs of France is now 43-11-1.
Sam Eggington scored a 6-round decision William Warburton in a Jr/ Middleweight bout.
The score was 59-55 for Eggington is now 10-2. Warburton, 152 lbs is 12-61-3.
AWE will return with another terrific afternoon of boxing on Saturday, May 17 when Lee Selby battles Romulo Koasicha for the WBC International Featherweight title, Callum Smith takes on Tobias Webb for the WBC International Super Middleweight title, Gary Buckland takes on Gavin Rees plus the Cruiserweight debut of former Light Heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say