- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
Quigg stops Munyai
Tonight in Manchester defending WBA super-bantamweight ruler Scott Quigg put on one of his most devastating and impressive showing thus far in his career as he annihilated South African danger man Tshifhiwa Munyai in two sizzling rounds.
Dropping “The Atomic Spider” with a cracking left hook to the jaw towards the end of the opening round, Quigg looked to have the fight all won. Munyai, a late replacement challenger, showed real heart in beating the count and seeing the round out. The end was not far away however. A thudding right hand to the head put the taller man down in the 2nd, and the follow-up barrage gave referee Howard Foster no option but to dive in and wave the fight off. The time was one-minute and 56-seconds.
Quigg, now 28-0-2(21) was expected by some good judges to have a tough test on his hands against Munyai. Both men had just a week’s notice for the fight and Quigg clearly did his homework fast so as to do such a job on Munyai, 24-3-1(12) – a fighter who had never previously been stopped. Credit must naturally go to Quigg’s trainer Joe Gallagher, who did say before tonight’s action got underway we would see the best of Scott Quigg.
Tonight’s fight had the look of a potential banana skin for Quigg, yet the Bury man did his work in style. Bigger and far more important super-bantamweight fights await Quigg. Can a fight against fellow unbeaten, Irish star Carl Frampton be made one day down the line?
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes