- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Weights from “New Blood” in Corona, CA
- Howard Davis Jr. “Donovan, you don’t stand a chance against Dyah”
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMED FOR INAUGURAL BOX FAN EXPO TO TAKE PLACE SEPT. 13 IN LAS VEGAS
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
G4 Quotes: Golovkin-Geale & Jennings-Perez
New York City (June 9, 2014) Saturday afternoon in New York City, a Press Conference was held for “G4”, the boxing extravaganza set for SATURDAY, JULY 26 at ‘The Mecca of Boxing”, Madison Square Garden and Live on HBO World Championship Boxing® beginning at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT.
In attendance were WBA/IBO Middleweight World Champion GENNADY “GGG” GOLOVKIN, Two-Time World Champion DANIEL ‘The Real Deal” GEALE along with undefeated heavyweight contenders BRYANT “By By” JENNINGS and MIKE “The Rebel” PEREZ in addition to undefeated welterweight prospect DUSTY HERNANDEZ-HARRISON. Hosting the press conference were Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions and Gary Shaw of Gary Shaw Productions.
The Press Conference was hosted by the internationally recognized voice of boxing, Hall of Famer, MICHAEL BUFFER. (All photos/courtesy Will Hart.)
GENNADY GOLOVKIN—“Thank you to HBO and Madison Square Garden for welcoming me back. I’m very happy to be fighting Daniel Geale, I’ve known him for many years and this will be a terrific fight for the fans. Saturday, July 26 will be a great night at Madison Square Garden.”
“I would also like to give express special thanks to our partner – EXPO-2017, an International Exposition dedicated to green energy scheduled to take place in 2017 in Astana, Kazakhstan.”
DANIEL GEALE—“This is a tremendous opportunity for me. I want thank HBO, Gary Shaw, Grange Old School Boxing and Madison Square Garden. This is a perfect fight for me and I look forward to the challenge of facing Gennady.”
BRYANT JENNINGS—“I want to thank Gary Shaw in addition to Antonio Leonard and James Prince. I also want to thank HBO. I’m very happy to be back on their network and back at Madison Square Garden.”
“Mike doesn’t like to talk much but I’m here to tell you that I will be the next heavyweight champion from the United States and I can’t wait for July 26.”
MIKE PEREZ—“I don’t have much to say but I look forward to facing Bryant Jennings on July 26 and fighting on HBO.”
Golovkin will be defending his WBA “Super Champion” Middleweight Title and IBO Middleweight World Title against Geale in the 12-round main event.
With the highest knockout ratio (89%) among all active champions, in addition to his extraordinary growth in viewership on HBO, Golovkin, 29-0-0 (26KO’s), has become a must-see attraction in the international sporting world.
In 2013, Golovkin scored four knockouts, three of which were telecast on HBO to outstanding viewership earning him plaudits for both Fighter of the Year and Knockout of the Year among many media members.
Previously holder of the (‘IBF’) International Boxing Federation Middleweight and WBA “Super” Middleweight Title, Geale brings a distinguished record of 30-2-0 (16KO’s) into the world title challenge with Golovkin. Geale is currently ranked #3 by the World Boxing Association.
GOLOVKIN VS. GEALE is presented by K2 Promotions, GGG Promotions in association with Gary Shaw Productions and Grange Old School Boxing.
The Jennings/Perez bout will serve as the co-feature at “G4” with the winner of the 12-round bout becoming the mandatory challenger for the WBC Heavyweight Title, which was vacated by longtime champion Vitali Klitschko earlier this year.
The 29-year-old Jennings, 18-0-0 (10KO’s) is coming off his career best victory, a sensational, HBO televised tenth round knockout of Poland’s Artur Szpilka on JANUARY 25 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Dominating the action from the outset, Jennings dropped the crafty southpaw in the sixth before finishing him off in the final round.
A highly successful amateur in his native Cuba, the 28-year-old Perez has compiled a record of 20-0-1 (12KO’s), since moving to Ireland and turning professional in 2008.
Perez has recently made two previous appearances on HBO and is looking forward to showcasing his skills against another undefeated fighter on July 26th.
JENNINGS VS. PEREZ is presented by K2 Promotions and Gary Shaw Productions in association with Antonio Leonard Promotions.
With a record of 22-0-0 (12KO’s), Hernandez-Harrison will be fighting for the third time on the undercard of a Gennady Golovkin world title defense.
Advance tickets for “G4” priced at $500, $300, $200, $100, $50 and $25 can be purchased starting at 12:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, June 10, at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster charge by phone (866-858-0008) and online at www.ticketmaster.com and www.thegarden.com
For fight updates on GOLOVKIN VS. GEALE via Social Media, follow HBO Boxing on Twitter at @HBOBoxing and Facebook at /HBOBoxing, in addition to on Twitter at Gennady Golovkin/@GGGBoxing, Daniel Geale/@RealDealGeale, Tom Loeffler – K2 Promotions/ @TomLoeffler1 and Gary Shaw Productions/@GaryShawBoxing. Use the hashtag #GolovkinGeale to join the conversation on Twitter.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent