- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Quotes from Media Conference Held for May 1 ESPN Thursday Night Fights from Hialeah Park in South Florida
The media flocked to a conference held today at The Turf Club at Hialeah Park in Hialeah, Florida, to discuss the upcoming “Noche De Combates” boxing event, which will be held at Hialeah Park and televised live on a very special edition of ESPN Thursday Night Fights.
In attendance were the event promoters, several of the fighters and key members of the Hialeah Park staff, with a central theme being the building excitement of holding a world-class professional boxing event at the iconic venue.
On May 1, in the night’s 10-round, televised welterweight main event, Roberto “La Amenaza” Garcia (34-3, 22 KOs) of Weslaco, Texas, will face Victor “Mermelada” Cayo (32-4, 23 KOs) of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. In the 10-round middleweight co-featured bout, undefeated Jonathan “Mantequilla” González (17-0-1, 14 KOs) of San Juan, Puerto Rico, will face Rogelio “Porky” Medina (32-5, 26 KOs) from Sonora, Mexico.
Tickets for “Noche de Combates,” are priced at $20, $35, $50 and $100 and are on sale now. They can be purchased at ticketforce.com, as well as hialeahpark.com, and also at the Hialeah Park Racing & Casino box office. For more information, call the special Boxing Hotline at 786-483-7444.
Jonathan “Mantequilla” González (17-0-1, 14 KOs)
I’m ready to fight and I feel great. I can’t wait for May 1.
James “Buddy” McGirt Jr. (22-3-1, 11 KOs)
I had three years off, but I’m ready to show my skills. I’m on weight now. I’m hungry and ready to put on a great show.
Yunieski Gonzalez (13-0, 13 KOs)
I’m excited to be fighting in my hometown. I hope to see all the Cubans come out and show their support.
Vilier Quinonez (7-0, 4 KOs)
It’s always great to fight in your backyard. I’m ready and want to fight.
John Brunetti, Sr. (Hialeah Park)
I am excited that Hialeah is hosting this great event. We are all very excited to be doing boxing and we expect a great night on May 1.
Leon Margules (Warriors Boxing)
I am very impressed with all the coverage this event is getting and pleased to be promoting this fight here in Miami. We have nine exciting fights. Get your tickets.
Luis Decubas (Warriors Boxing)
We have great fighters on the card. We are bringing boxing back to Miami at this beautiful casino and racetrack.
The undercard will include appearances by Warriors’ and Miami-based G&A Boxing Promotions’ newest co-promotional signings, super middleweight southpaw James “Buddy” McGirt Jr. (22-3-1, 11 KOs) and twin-brother featherweight contenders, Carlos Ivan “Twin Dream” Velasquez (16-1, 11 KOs) and Juan Carlos Velasquez (11-1, 5 KOs), from Catano, Puerto Rico, now living in Miami. The trio will each face opponents that are TBA.
Also featured that night will be an eight-round light heavyweight bout featuring knockout artist Yunieski Gonzalez (13-0, 13 KOs) of Havana, Cuba, who will put his perfect record on the line against Arpartado, Colombia’s Jaison Palomeque (14-9-1, 9 KOs); and a six-round cruiserweight affair, featuring undefeated Cuban Vilier Quinonez (7-0, 4 KOs) of Havana taking on Edgar Perez (5-8, 3 KOs) of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
In preliminary action, Cairo Egypt’s Ahmed Elbiale (3-0, 3 KOs) will be featured in a light heavyweight four-rounder against an opponent still TBA; and in the four-round welterweight opener, Bogota, Colombia, via Hollywood, Florida’s Jorge Quintero (1-1) will face Davie, Florida’s pro debuting, and Florida 2012 Golden Gloves Champ, Jeff “Rambo” Souffrant.
Hialeah Park & Casino is located at 2200 E 4th Avenue in Hialeah, FL. On fight night, Thursday May 1, 2014, gates will open at 6:30 PM ET and the first fight will be at 7:00 PM ET. All bouts are subject to change.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say