- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
Robin Deakin Signs With Dave Murphy – Goes Straight Into Action On 1st March
Promoter Dave Murphy announced today that he has signed the highly entertaining ‘Rocking’ Robin Deakin to his Acourtier Events promotional outfit, also stating that Robin will be making his first appearance under the Acourtier banner on the double WBU Europe Championship headed WARZONE, at York Hall on Saturday 1st March 2014.
During his career Robin has faced literally a who’s who of domestic stars, including WBF World Champion Patrick Hyland, WBO Inter-Continental Champion Anthony Crolla, IBF International Champion Eddie Hyland, WBC International Silver Champion Stephen Smith, IBO & WBC Youth Champion George Michael Carmen, as well as an array of English, British and regional Champions.
In his last bout Robin fought former England amateur Captain Antonio Counihan on Mr. Murphy’s NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS event, according to Mr. Murphy it was Robin’s performance, against such a classy opponent, as well as the level of tickets he had sold, that convinced him to give the longtime ‘journeyman’ the opportunity to become a ‘house’ fighter for the first time in his career.
Shortly after signing promotional papers with Mr. Murphy, Robin said.
“I can’t thank Dave enough for the chance he is giving me, I will not let him down that’s for sure.
It’s hard to come against it all the time as an ‘away’ opponent, because you’re always up against it, more or less lost before you get in there.
There are fights I have won, but haven’t. I’ve beaten some of the top promoters prospects on their shows, but the way the game is their fighter always gets the decision.
It’s great to finally be on the right side of the card and have good people behind me, so I can go out there and showcase my skills.
It’ll be good to get the right fights, I need the right fights rather than keep going in against future World Champions all the time and being right up against it having only one or two days notice.
For the fight on March 1st I’ve had eight weeks notice and have been able to prepare properly for the first time in my career.
The other good thing is that I will be fighting people of my own weight, not giving away weight. When I fought George Michael Carmen, he was a stone heavier than me, I still gave my all and out boxed him every round, but still didn’t get the decision.
Most of the reports said I put up a really good fight, but didn’t say much else, a couple though said I was robbed, that was really good to read.
I’ve mixed it with all the top fighters in Britain, I would fight anyone, but now it’s getting the right fights, 50/50 fights not easy ones but the right fights, the way they should be and what the fans want to watch.
My comeback, when I boxed Antonio Counihan, he’s a really good fighter, I come back for that and I sold a few tickets and realized I can do this, so now I’m going to be selling tickets for this fight, probably wont be walking away with a lot but you know, like I say, it’s not about the money, it’s about building my career and doing what I love this time around.
I’ve boxed for twenty one years, since I was six years old and I’ve always had it up against me, but now’s the time to show what I can do.
I’m confident, with Dave behind me, that good things will finally come my way. Dave’s a genuine guy, which I like, I get on well with Dave and I really believe now I can go forward with my career.
I know the fans love watching me, I’m exciting to watch, I’m an entertainer, so hopefully they’ll get behind me and buy tickets for my fights – Yeah, I’m back!”
Robin Deakin, against a yet to be named opponent, features on the Dave Murphy Acourtier Events double WBU Europe Title headed WARZONE, at York Hall in Bethnal Green on Saturday 1st March 2014.
Tickets, priced £35 (Standard Seated) and £60 (Ringside) for the Dave Murphy Acourtier Events WARZONE event are available direct from Robin or by calling the ticket lines 07960 850645 or 07809 499896
Alternatively tickets are available on-line at www.acourtier.com – www.tkoboxoffice.com – www.mariannemarston.com
Go online to www.Acourtier.com for additional information on the WARZONE event or the Acourtier stable of boxers. Follow Acourtier Events on Twitter @AcourtierEvents – friend us at www.Facebook.com/AcourtierEvents
– and on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/acourtier-events
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things