- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Joachim Alcine reunites with Buddy McGirt for Rodriguez fight
Former world champion Joachim Alcine (35-7-1, 21 KOs) has reunited with his former trainer James “Buddy” McGirt. The pair worked together a few years back and have now had a very solid training camp ahead of Alcine’s upcoming crossroads fight against former world title challenger Delvin Rodriguez (28-7-3, 16 KOs).
The junior middleweight bout will tale place on May 16th in ESPN2-televised main event at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The idea of the Alcone-McGirt reunion came from Alcine’s new handlers, Journeyman Management. “I felt it was the logical choice to have Buddy train Alcine again. They already had success together not long ago,” stated Journeyman Management CEO Andrew Zak.
Rodriguez-Alcine May 16 in Montreal ESPN Friday Night Fights
Star Boxing & Choko Boxing are proud to announce the live broadcast of
the highly acclaimed TV program with Delvin RODRIGUEZ vs Joachim “Ti-Joa” Alcine
On May 16th – Five professional fights at Montreal’s Olympic Stadium
This Starlight Children’s Foundation Charity Event exclusively for 1500 fans will be a home run!
Montreal, April 29th 2014 -Star Boxing and Co-Promoter Choko Boxing are please to bring one of the year’s most unique events in the boxing world to Montreal. On Friday May 16, ESPN’s celebrated Friday Night Fights television program will be broadcasted live from the most incredible venue in town, the legendary Olympic Stadium.
This will be a memorable event since the “Big O” hasn’t hosted any professional boxing for almost 35 years. The last fight was the famous Roberto Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard in June of 1980, an event that became one of the greatest boxing confrontation in History.
The two hour live ESPN broadcast that will take place on Friday May 16 will showcase the Light Middleweight 10 round Main Event between STAR BOXING fighter Delvin RODRIGUEZ (28-7-1-21Ko) vs Montrealer & former WBA World Champion Joachim “Ti-Joa” ALCINE (35-7-1-21Ko).
We can expect Alcine’s fight to be full of excitement – Ti Joa won his two last fights by TKO and is in great shape. After brilliant confrontations against Québécois David Lemieux and Stéphane Ouellet, the crowd should be pleased to see him perform at home once again.
Delvin Rodriguez is one of ESPN’s most recognized fighters his famous FIGHT OF THE YEAR battle against Pawel Wolak still electrifies fans! Rodriguez’ last fight was against future Hall of Famer Miguel COTTO.
Alexandre Choko of Choko Boxing stated, “Following my 5 year journey to interview some of the greatest boxing legends of all time and write my book The Future of Boxing, it is with great pride that my first comeback professional boxing event will be televised in America in such a prestigious outlet. ESPN’s Friday Night Fights being the equivalent of Monday Night Football to boxing fans, it’s an honor to be part of such an exciting production”.
Choko recently teamed with Joe DeGuardia, Star Boxing CEO and currently President of the Boxing Promoters Association. This is a first collaboration between the two promoters, who met when Choko was preparing his book The Future of Boxing and Joe DeGuardia was just elected President of the Boxing Promoters Association.
Star Boxing and Choko Boxing expect to bring the local fans, Haitian and Dominican community together to cheer for Joachim Alcine and Rodriguez.
An affordable experience priced at only $45.00. Set as a special intimate format, only 1500 tickets will be released including 500 floor seats. Tickets will be available through the Admission network May 2nd 2014.
Main Event: Delvin RODRIGUEZ vs Joachim “Ti-Joa” ALCINE
Co-feature: Heavyweight Joe Hanks vs opponent TBA
Tickets: $45.00 Stands /$100.00 floor / $175.00 VIP with beverage service www.admission.com 1-855-790-1245.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In