- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
Rossy looking for big effort against Dawejko this Saturday in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ (JANUARY 19TH, 2014)–On Saturday night, January 25th, Heavyweight Derric Rossy will look to get back in the thick of the Heavyweight discussion when he takes on former world amateur champion Joey Dawejko in a scheduled eight round bout at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City.
The show is promoted by Sal Musumeci’s Final Forum Boxing and will be streamed LIVE all over the world on www.pandafeed.tv
Making a special appearance at the show will be star of the Real Housewives of New Jersey, Rosie Pierri.
Rosie will be there to support KO Children’s Malnutrition.
A portion of the proceeds from the Pandafeed.tv stream will go to KO Children’s Malnutrition.
For more information on KO Children’s Malnutrition, click http://www.komalnutrition.com/
Rossy of Medford, New York has a record of 28-7 with 14 knockouts and will be looking to get back in the ring after the postponement of a bout on December 14 that constituted a seven month layoff.
“I am finally anxious to get back in the ring,” said Rossy. “I took two or three days off. We didn’t push anything, we just maintained through the postponement and then got good work.”
Rossy knows that Dawejko (8-3-2, 3 KO’s) will be coming for a tough fight.
“He is a real tough kid and I know he wont be laying down. He can fight. I just have to get in there, work hard and prepare for his best.”
Despite seven losses, Rossy believes he still can be a major factor in the Heavyweight division.
“I know I have some losses. We just have to move on. It’s a clean slate and thoughts of past fights are gone. I think big things and I have a real confidence. I just want to display what I have been working on It will show in the fight and I feel big things coming this year. You will see what a future Heavyweight champion will look like.”
The rest of the card will feature some future stars as four undefeated fighters will be on display.
In six round bouts:
Natu Visinia (9-0, 8 KO’s) of Lakewood, CA battles Jon Bolden (6-7, 5 KO’s) of New York in a Heavyweight bout.
Isiah Seldon (7-1, 3 KO’s) of Atlantic City, NJ takes on an opponent to be named in a Middleweight bout.
Ismael Garcia (5-0, 3 KO’s) of Vineland, NJ takes on an opponent to be named in a Jr. Middleweight bout.
In four round bouts:
Heavyweight Ytalo Perea (5-1, 3 KO’s) of Howard Beach, NY battles David Williams (7-7-2, 2 KO’s) of Philadelphia.
In a fight between pro debuting Super Bantamweights, Anthony Caramanno of Staten Island, NY takes on Michael Varela of Bethlehem, PA.
In a Cruiserweight rematch, Dave Valykeo (3-0) of Neptune, NJ will fight Brian Donahue (2-6-2) of Philadelphia.
Omar Brito (1-1, 1 KO) of Pleasantville, NJ squares off with Korey Sloane (2-7-2) of Philadelphia.
Gabriel Pham (5-0, 2 KO’s) of Atlantic City, NJ will fight an opponent to be named later.
Tickets for this outstanding evening of boxing are on sale now and are $125 for Ringside, $75 for reserved and $50 for general admission. VIP Tables are available and all tickets can be purchased by going to www.ticketmaster.com
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin