- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- USA Boxing’s Experienced Women’s Squad Prepare to Travel South of the Border for the 2014 Elite Women’s Continental Championships
- Star Boxing’s “Rockin Fight 15″ to Rock The Paramount New York
- Team Andrade waiting for phone to ring
- Nick Asberry & Ricardo Chavez to test their perfect records on 9.19.14
- Frank Galarza back in action on Saturday
- New Heavyweight Boxing Tourney
Shaun McShane out to turn back time, as he turns professional and makes debut on February 28th
With a total of four debuts on Prospect Boxing’s February 28th “Lock, Stick and Twelve Smoking Fights” show, Glasgow based Shaun McShane is hoping to get his professional record off flying start.
A student of the game for some time, the 33 year old explains he has flirted with the sport for a while “I started training to lose weight when I was 13. I trained for few years at the Kelvin ABC bought never competed in any fights at that stage. I then moved to Morrison’s gym then and had my first fight at the age of 17.
With a few years out of the gym, the Irish born fighter has decided to give the professional game and has inked a professional contract with Lanarkshire based Prospect Boxing “I appreciate I am bit later than most to turn professional, but I keep myself in good shape and have a good experience in the amateur.
He adds “I had the offer when I was younger to turn professional Morrison, but didn’t feel like it was the right time due to work commitments and I decided just to leave it. I am looking forward to giving the pro ranks a go but, I will just take one fight at a time and see how it goes.
Looking to February 28th, the Light Welterweight refuses to be drawn on any predications “I don’t make predications on fights. You never no on the night is all I can say is if someone is going to try beat me they better be ready as I am coming for a fight.
“Lock Stock and Twelve Smoking Fights” takes place at the Ravenscraig Sports Facility on Friday February 28th 2014.
Headlined by Rhys Pagan, the show will also see the professional début of JP McGuinness, Ryan Love, Shaun McShane, Ryan Love and Lee Gallagher.
Returning to action is Iain Butcher, Scott Edgar and Kenny Davidson
George Thomson, David Drummond, Michael McGurk and Matthew McAllister also feature on the card.
Tickets are priced at £30 and £40 and available from the fighters directly or by calling 01698 338 888 where Credit/ Debit Cards are accepted.
Further details on @ProspectBoxing on Twitter, and www.facebook.com/ProspectBoxing
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things