- Team USA’s Queen Underwood and Danyelle Wolf to Compete in Tuesday’s Women’s Continental Championships Action
- Sampson Boxing Signs Prospect Duo from Houston
- WBC: Mayweather-Pacquiao
- FRANK GALARZA REFLECTS ON PAST WEEKEND’S IMPRESSIVE VICTORY
- Date change and undercard announced – Golden Boy Live! at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Abraham: I’m ready to defend my title on Saturday night
Photos: Delvin Rodriguez 153.8 – Joachim Alcine 153
The fighters weighed in today for tomorrow nights ESPN’s Friday Night Fights from the famed Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Canada. Former world title challenger DELVIN “EL Peligro” RODRIGUEZ takes on JOACHIM Alcine and heavyweight contender JOE “The Future” HANKS faces DERRIC “The Shaolin Fist” ROSSY. Pictures and weights below.
10 Round Jr. Middleweight
Delvin Rodriguez 153.8
Joachim Alcine 153.
10 Round Hvy Weight
Derric Rossey 234.7
Joe Hanks 232.8
6 Round LtWeight
Christian Uruzquiea 134.5
Mario Perez 135.
6 Round Super Middleweight
Frank Miville 169.6
Walid Smichet 172.5
6 Round Jr. Lightweight
Kevin Lavalee 130.8
James Owens 131
Delvin Rodriguez, Joe Hanks Featured this week on ESPN FNF
Montreal, Canada (May 13, 2014) Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing heads north-of-the-border this week with ESPN’s Friday Night Fights in tow as former world title challenger DELVIN “EL Peligro” RODRIGUEZ and heavyweight contender JOE “The Future” HANKS will appear in featured bouts on Friday, May 16th from the famed Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Canada.
“It’s an outstanding opportunity for both Delvin and Joe to fight in such a legendary building and on ESPN Friday Night Fights” said DeGuardia. “Both guys are in tough, solid fights and each are ready to meet the challenge ahead of them with bigger opportunities on the horizon.”
Olympic Stadium is best known among boxing fans as site of the first bout between Roberto Duran and “Sugar” Ray Leonard on June 20, 1980. Leonard also won Olympic Gold there for the United States in the 1976 Summer Games.
Telecast LIVE across North America (9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT), main eventer Rodriguez, 28-7-3 (16KO’s), will be making his 17th appearance on the acclaimed ESPN Friday Night Fights series as he battles former world champion JOACHIM ALCINE, 35-7-1 (21KO’s), in the 10-round headliner.
The 34-year-old Rodriguez is looking to head back to the win column after challenging boxing legend Miguel Cotto in October of 2013. Prior to the Cotto loss, Rodriguez had stopped junior middleweight contenders Freddy Hernandez and George “Comache Boy” Tahdooahnippah in previous bouts last year.
Fresh out of a San Diego training camp with world ranked heavyweight Chris Arreola, the 31-year-old Hanks, 21-1-0 (14KO’s), will clash with veteran DERRIC “The Shaolin Fist” ROSSY 28-8-0 (14KO’s), in the 10-round co-featured bout.
Joey Hanks, Joe DeGuardia Alexander Choko & Derric Rossy
Inspired by fighting in the hometown of newly minted World Boxing Council Heavyweight Champion, Bermane Stiverne, Hanks looks to restart his title path after suffering the first loss of his career to Andy Ruiz last October in Macau, China.
Tickets are available through the Admission network www.admission.com 1-855-790-1245
Tickets: $54 Stands/ $110 Floor/$195 VIP with beverage service
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Canelo Alvarez Signs Major Agreement with HBO Sports
- Canelo back at HBO; next fight likely Joshua Clottey on December 6th
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint