- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
Photos: Delvin Rodriguez 153.8 – Joachim Alcine 153
The fighters weighed in today for tomorrow nights ESPN’s Friday Night Fights from the famed Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Canada. Former world title challenger DELVIN “EL Peligro” RODRIGUEZ takes on JOACHIM Alcine and heavyweight contender JOE “The Future” HANKS faces DERRIC “The Shaolin Fist” ROSSY. Pictures and weights below.
10 Round Jr. Middleweight
Delvin Rodriguez 153.8
Joachim Alcine 153.
10 Round Hvy Weight
Derric Rossey 234.7
Joe Hanks 232.8
6 Round LtWeight
Christian Uruzquiea 134.5
Mario Perez 135.
6 Round Super Middleweight
Frank Miville 169.6
Walid Smichet 172.5
6 Round Jr. Lightweight
Kevin Lavalee 130.8
James Owens 131
Delvin Rodriguez, Joe Hanks Featured this week on ESPN FNF
Montreal, Canada (May 13, 2014) Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing heads north-of-the-border this week with ESPN’s Friday Night Fights in tow as former world title challenger DELVIN “EL Peligro” RODRIGUEZ and heavyweight contender JOE “The Future” HANKS will appear in featured bouts on Friday, May 16th from the famed Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Canada.
“It’s an outstanding opportunity for both Delvin and Joe to fight in such a legendary building and on ESPN Friday Night Fights” said DeGuardia. “Both guys are in tough, solid fights and each are ready to meet the challenge ahead of them with bigger opportunities on the horizon.”
Olympic Stadium is best known among boxing fans as site of the first bout between Roberto Duran and “Sugar” Ray Leonard on June 20, 1980. Leonard also won Olympic Gold there for the United States in the 1976 Summer Games.
Telecast LIVE across North America (9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT), main eventer Rodriguez, 28-7-3 (16KO’s), will be making his 17th appearance on the acclaimed ESPN Friday Night Fights series as he battles former world champion JOACHIM ALCINE, 35-7-1 (21KO’s), in the 10-round headliner.
The 34-year-old Rodriguez is looking to head back to the win column after challenging boxing legend Miguel Cotto in October of 2013. Prior to the Cotto loss, Rodriguez had stopped junior middleweight contenders Freddy Hernandez and George “Comache Boy” Tahdooahnippah in previous bouts last year.
Fresh out of a San Diego training camp with world ranked heavyweight Chris Arreola, the 31-year-old Hanks, 21-1-0 (14KO’s), will clash with veteran DERRIC “The Shaolin Fist” ROSSY 28-8-0 (14KO’s), in the 10-round co-featured bout.
Joey Hanks, Joe DeGuardia Alexander Choko & Derric Rossy
Inspired by fighting in the hometown of newly minted World Boxing Council Heavyweight Champion, Bermane Stiverne, Hanks looks to restart his title path after suffering the first loss of his career to Andy Ruiz last October in Macau, China.
Tickets are available through the Admission network www.admission.com 1-855-790-1245
Tickets: $54 Stands/ $110 Floor/$195 VIP with beverage service
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive?
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes