- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
Steven Pearce Ready To Do Talking In The Ring
Steven Pearce insists he will do his talking in the ring. The International Welterweight Champion takes on Sheffield’s Ryan Hardy for a British Masters Title on Saturday evening. Hardy has confidently predicted a stoppage victory is on the cards but Pearce, a former Midlands Area Champion, is ready to make him eat his words when the pair go toe-to-toe at Walsall Town Hall this weekend. “Listening to him I think Ryan thinks he’s won already,” Pearce told www.uko-boxing.com.“
If he thinks he’s coming into my area and beating me ‘comfortably’ as I heard him say in a radio interview last week, then he will have a bit of a shock on Saturday. “I do my talking into the ring.He’ll feel my power soon enough. I think he wants to try and turn it into a bit of a war and maybe get under my skin. I’ve been there and saw it all before. I’m not fazed. “My camp has gone really well. My weight has been spot-on and I’ve had some top sparring. I did some early work with Kyle Spencer(light middleweight) and Andy Robinson (super middleweight) and then I’ve been in with lighter guys like (light welterweight) Luke Paddock and Chris Male(super featherweight).
I worked on my power early doors and conditioned myself and then I’ve worked down to sparring with the faster, sharper guys. I’m feeling good. “He’s never felt Championship rounds like I have. He’d only been doing two-minute rounds until he stepped up last fight and look what happened. He lost. “He’s a good boxer and I’m sure he’s a decent lad. I’m a sportsman and I’ll give him respect. He’s predicting a stoppage win but he’s never felt power like mine before. I can punch. He can talk all he wants but it won’t help him on fight night when I start teeing off on him.”
The weigh-in for EJKO Promotions’ ‘March Mayhem’, at Walsall Town Hallon Saturday, will take place at 1pm on Friday (28th February) at The PitchSports Bar & Grill, Bridge Street, Walsall, WS1 1JQ. Tickets are available from Walsall TownHall Box Office on 0845 111 2900 priced at £30 and £60Ringside. Pearce versus Hardy tops the bill of a bumper8-fight card. Also in title action is Walsall’s Luke Paddock who fights for a British Masters Bronze belt.
Walsall’s Midlands Area Cruiserweight Champion, Chris Keane, is also in action for the first time since September as he faces Lithuanian, Igor Borucha. Halesowen super middleweight prospect, Lennox Clarke, takes on Rotherham debutant, Shaun Law, Dudley light middleweight, Kyle Spencer, is also in action whilst Stoke welterweight, Josh McLaren, faces Tamworth’s Matt Seawright. West Bromwich light middleweight, Tom Stokes, face’s Bognor’s Liam Griffiths and Leicester welterweight, Ryan deep Nandha debuts against Birmingham’s, Jason Nesbitt.
Tickets,priced at £30 and £60 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900. Grosvenor G Casino Walsall will be staging a fun casino on the night and the after show party takes place at the Pitch Sports Bar and Grill on Bridge Street, Walsall.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things