- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Curtis Stevens “A Day in the Life” Training Camp Video
Main Events presents an exclusive glimpse into a day in the life of Curtis “Showtime” Stevens as he prepares to fight Patrick “The Machine” Majewski on NBCSN Fight Night at Resorts International Casino and Hotel, Superstar Theater, in Atlantic City, on Friday, January 24th. Experience an entire day in Curtis’ training camp, as well as a guided tour of the Brooklyn neighborhood where he grew up.
Middleweight contender Curtis “Showtime” Stevens, 25-4, 18 KOs, may have lost his last bout, a middleweight title challenge against the top 160-pounder in the world, Pound-for-Pound contender, and undefeated champion, Gennady “GGG” Golovkin, but the Brooklyn-born knockout artist is ready to go right back to work Friday night in Atlantic City, NJ against tough Patrick “The Machine” Majewski, 21-2, 12 KOs.
Their ten-round middleweight fight at Resorts International Casino Hotel, is the feature bout on the season-opener of the popular nationally televised boxing series, Fight Night, on NBCSN. Also on the broadcast, which begins at 10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT, is a ten-round cruiserweight battle between Thabiso Mchunu, 13-1, 9 KOs, of Natal, South Africa, and Olanrewaju Durodola, 15-1, 14 KOs, of Lagos, Nigeria, in West Africa.
Stevens, with his reputation as a big puncher, has been a fan favorite over the past few years, when his showy displays of power toppled excellent opponents like Saul Roman, Elvin Ayala and Romaro Johnson. So devastating is his punch that finding an opponent who can last more than a single round has been an issue of late. Since 2010, only Derrick Findley managed to last the full distance with Stevens.
Atlantic City’s Patrick Majewski, who is renowned for his chin and a high-pressure style that is not so different from Golovkin’s, should provide Stevens with a serious test in the wake of that world title bout with GGG. If Stevens has lost so much as a step, Majewski is tough enough to dish the New Yorker his second straight defeat.
However, Stevens is eager to start another knockout streak and to prove he is still a force in the middleweight division. Majewski may be a tough customer, but Stevens believes that the Polish-born fighter is merely a road block to his next title fight.
Curtis had this to say about the upcoming fight against “The Machine”, “I feel good, I am just ready to get in there and get back to where I was at.” He added, “I have to go in there and destroy him. I just have to do what I do best.”
This NBCSN boxing double header kicks off the third season of Fight Night, and promises more of the same thrilling action that has made the series the most popular boxing program for the past two years.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity