- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Team USA’s John Luna Wins a Silver Medal
(COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO.) – Team USA’s John Luna (Milwaukee, Wis.) won a silver medal in international action on Sunday at the 2014 Nikolay Pavlyukov Memorial Youth Tournament in Anapa, Russia. The 2013 USA Boxing youth national champion lost his championship round bout to a host nation foe in semifinal round competition in the final bout of the tournament at the Voley Grad Sports Complex.
Luna won two unanimous decision victories in his quarterfinal and semifinal bouts to earn his berth in the final round with former European junior champion Marat Kerimkhanov of Russia. With this support of the host nation behind him, Kerimkhanov took a 2-1 decision over Luna in their championship round bout. The split decision loss gives Luna a silver medal in the first youth international event of the year.
The 18-year-old American was one of five U.S. boxers competing in the event in Russia, and the youth squad enjoyed the opportunity to train with competitors from multiple nations participating in the event. Light flyweight Nico Hernandez (Wichita, Kansas), bantamweight Carlos Balderas (Santa Maria, Calif.), lightweight Isidro Ochoa (Fresno, Calif.), and super heavyweight Darmani Rock (Philadelphia, Pa.) all competed in the 2014 Nikolay Pavlyukov Memorial tournament as well following the joint training camp in Anapa.
The 2014 USA Boxing youth squad will now gear up for the 2014 Youth Continental Championships in Ecuador next month.
Andrews Soto (Phoenix, Ariz.) and Willie Moses (Newark, N.J.) served as the United States coaches in Russia.
201+ lbs: Marat Kerimkhanov, RUS, dec. John Luna, Milwaukee, Wis./USA, 2-1
USA Boxing, as the national governing body for Olympic-style boxing, is the United States’ member organization of the International Amateur Boxing Association (AIBA) and a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity