- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
- Masternak joins forces with legendary German coach Wegner
- Trout vs Dawson Weigh-In Photos
Thabiso Mchunu Q&A for NBCSN Jan 24th Fight Night
Thabiso “The Rock” Mchunu is preparing for his upcoming fight against Olanrewaju “God’s Power” Durodola on NBCSN Fight Night, Friday, January 24th live from Resorts International Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, NJ. He took time out of training camp to answer questions about his opponent, the fight and his career.
What are your predictions for your fight on Friday, January 24?
TM: I’m gonna start the New Year with a bang! I’m a boxer and can punch when I want to! I’m gonna make some fans in the US!
How does it feel to be back on NBCSN Fight Night?
TM: Really motivates me when I’m on (NBCSN) Fight Night! Truly an honor
How do you feel about fighting in the US for the second time?
TM: I absolutely love it!
Did you change anything about your training routine for this fight?
TM: Pretty similar
What is a typical day in training camp like for you?
TM: Running, sparring and technical work with my coach Sean Smith; he keeps me on point! We click together.
Who have you sparred with leading up to this fight?
TM: Danie Venter, Isaac Chilemba and Kevin Lerena
Your opponent, Durodola, has had a total of sixteen fights and stopped fourteen of them, does this concern you?
TM: Not really; it’s easy to stop “nobodies”.
What do you know about Durodola?
TM: He’s an African fighter and former Olympian but nothing I haven’t seen before.
Durodola is in the same position you were in when you fought Eddie Chambers. How are you going to stop him from capitalizing on this opportunity?
TM: My destiny and his are different.
In your last fight you beat Eddie Chambers – Do you feel you have to prove beating Chambers was not an accident?
TM: No. I’m gonna prove that anyone you put in front of me, I am gonna beat!
How has your last win changed things for you?
TM: Makes me even more certain I can dominate – but not much! Hungry as ever!
The current cruiserweight champions are Yoan Pablo Hernandez (IBF), Denis Lebedev (WBA), Krzysztof Wlodarczyk (WBC) and Marco Huck (WBO), which of these champions do you want to face first? Which of these champions do you feel would be easiest/hardest to beat?
TM: I want the WBC belt first. I don’t care who’s got it. Then I want to unify the belts. I want to fight Huck- he’s got a big mouth!
WBO champion Marco Huck is scheduled to face former world champion Firat Arslan on January 25th in a rematch. What do you think of that fight?
TM: It will be interesting but I’m sure Huck will defend.
What are your thoughts on the passing of Nelson Mandela?
TM: His struggles have given me the opportunity I have today! I wanna show my appreciation to him and be a great success in boxing to honor what he has done for our nation and for people around the world!
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015