- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Back at home Chris Algieri's whirlwind continues
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int'l Intrigue
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- ‘The Hammer’ To Make Bolton Statement
- Iron Boy Promotions Announces Iron Boy 16: El Paso
- Fight Network Presents Galahad vs. Dos Santos LIVE Boxing this Sat. at 5 pm ET
- NY Golden Gloves Champion Earl Newman to make pro debut Oct 4
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
The Pugilist KOrner: Rances Barthelemy, Bryant Jennings, Bermane Stiverne, Patrick Majewski, and Abel Sanchez
Tonight at 9PM EST/6PM PST, “JEK III Productions” presents the 2014 season premier of “The Pugilist KOrner”!!
The two hour program will feature newly crowned IBF Super Featherweight Champion “Kid Blast“ Rances Barthelemy with veteran trainer Chico Rivas, Heavyweight contender Bryant “Bye Bye” Jennings, WBC Heavyweight title challenger Bermane “B. Ware“ Stiverne, Middleweight prospect Patrick “The Machine” Majewski, and veteran trainer Abel Sanchez.
Pugilist KOrner listener line: 718-506-1506
Kicking off tonight’s program will be the new IBF Super Featherweight Champion Rances “Kid Blast” Barthelemy (20-0, 13 KOs) and veteran fight trainer Chico Rivas. The talented Cuban exile will discuss his impressive title winning effort against former champ Argenis Mendez, which took place this past Friday evening on ESPN‘s “Friday Night Fights”. The 27 year old puncher will also talk about the landscape of the 130 pound weight division, as well as a possible unification bout with the winner of Garcia/Burgos, which will be aired on HBO later this month.
Making his way to the back to “The Pugilist KOrner” will be American Heavyweight hopeful Bryant “Bye Bye” Jennings (17-0, 9 KOs). The fast rising contender will discuss his first appearance on HBO, slated to be broadcast in the co-main event on January 25th, against undefeated prospect Artur Szpilka of Poland. The highly anticipated bout will be Bryant’s first outing under the Gary Shaw promotional banner and his first bout since June 14th, 2013.
Also appearing on the program once again will be WBC Heavyweight title challenger Bermane “B-Ware” Stiverne (23-1-1, 20 KOs). The hard punching, Haitian born fighter will discuss his eventual match-up with Cristobal Arreola for the newly vacated WBC strap, as well as the politics of boxing and how it affects its hard working athletes. Bermane will also talk about the top fighters of the once recognized glamour division of boxing, and the future of the most under appreciated weight class of the sport.
Kicking off the second hour of “The Pugilist KOrner” will be “The Middleweight Machine” Patrick Majewski (21-2, 13 KOs). The popular Polish fighter will promote his NBC Sports Network debut on January 24th, as he takes on hard punching Curtis Stevens in the main event of the evening. The 34 year old pugilist will also discuss his plight for Middleweight mainstream popularity, as well as his progress under the watchful eye of Hall of Fame matchmaker and promoter Russell Peltz.
In the final segment of the program, The Pugilist KOrner is proud to feature veteran fight trainer Abel Sanchez. The Summit Gym leader will discuss Gennady Golovkin’s WBA title defense against Osumanu Adama, which will take place on February 1st in Monte Carlo, Monaco. The always insightful boxing coach will also discuss the return of Heavyweight Mike Perez, which will take place on January 18th, at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and will be featured in the co-main event of the evening on HBO.
Tonight’s two hour program will be hosted by producer and radio commentator James E. King III, and boxing writer and ring announcer Joseph Herron.
To listen to tonight’s program, please click on the attached link or dial 718-506-1506.
Pugilist KOrner link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wcsteelerfan/2014/01/08/tha-pugilist-korner
Join us tonight at 9PM EST/6PM PST!!
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things