- RICKY HATTON: “CHARITY BIKE RIDE IS AMONGST MY BIGGEST ACHEIVEMENTS”
- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
“Toe to Toe: Canelo vs. Angulo” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner”
Pugilist KOrner listener line: 718-506-1506
Hosted by radio commentator and ring announcer Joseph Herron, the special three hour program will provide alternative, unbiased commentary of the action as it unfolds from “The MGM Grand Garden Arena” in Las Vegas, Nevada!!
Join us as former WBC/WBA Junior Middleweight Champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (42-1-1, 30 KOs) takes on former WBO interim title holder “El Perro” Alfredo Angulo (22-3, 18 KOs) in the main event of a superb Showtime PPV fight card.
“Main event coverage begins at the 138 minute mark”
The 23 year old fighter from Jalisco, is a pocket counterpuncher who combines speed with power and throws creative combinations to the body and head. He has made a living off of exploiting more aggressive minded opponents in the past, but has yet to face a natural 154 pound fighter with the kind of size, power, durability, and punch output of Alfredo Angulo.
Under the tutelage of experienced fight trainer Virgil Hunter, the Mexicali warrior believes that he has what it takes to become a champion and can pull of the recognized upset this weekend.
Will Angulo derail the “Canelo Express” this Saturday night, or can Alvarez withstand the effective aggression and impose his brand of punishment on “El Perro” to get back some of the respect that he lost on September 14th of last year?
While most mainstream and casual fight fans are rightfully and primarily excited about this Saturday night’s main event, many die-hard boxing pundits are equally thrilled with anticipation for this weekend’s WBC Super Bantamweight contest, featuring “El Teremoto” Leo Santa Cruz (26-0-1, 15 KOs) and Mexican reality TV star Cristian Mijares (49-7-2, 24 KOs).
You can catch the main event and the co-main event of the evening by calling 718-506-1506, or by clicking the attached link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wcsteelerfan/2014/03/09/caneloangulo-toe-to-toe-edition
The “Toe to Toe: Canelo v. Angulo” broadcast begins at 10PM EST/7PM PST…join us for an old school, “blow by blow” presentation of tonight’s fight card from Vegas!!
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say