- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
‘Tomorrow’s Champions’ special guests At Tuesday’s Ring 8 Meeting
NEW YORK (January 24, 2014) – Some of ‘Tomorrow’s Champions’ and the late Wayne Kelley’s children will be special guests at Tuesday night’s (Jan. 28 starting at 7 p.m. ET) Ring 8 monthly meeting at historic Waterfront Crabhouse in Long Island City, New York. This meeting was originally scheduled for last Tuesday but was postponed due to inclement weather.
New Legend boxing promoters Felipe Gomez and Kevin O’Sullivan will showcase some of their more talented New York-based boxers, including WBA No. 12 rates super bantamweight Juan Dominguez (16-0, 11 KOs), WBC Latino light middleweight Frank Galarza (12-0-2, 8 KOs), WBA No. 14 super middleweight Raphael Vasquez (9-1, 7 KOs) and super featherweight Angel Garcia (6-2, 2 KOs).
Jaclyn and Sean Kelly, the daughter and son, respectively, of the late Ring 8 member “Irish” Wayne Kelly, will speak about The IWK Foundation, which was established to commemorate Wayne’s life as a Vietnam Veteran, boxer, professional referee and physical conditioning specialist. Its mission is to keep Wayne’s memory alive by giving back to the community, providing financial and volunteer support to those in need. Ring 8 and Wounded Warriors will be beneficiaries of The IWK Foundation.
The inaugural IWK Memorial Fundraiser will be held February 1 (12-4 pm ET) at The Allegria Hotel (Rooftop) in Long Island, New York. Go online to www.IrishWayKelly.com for more information about the fundraiser and The IWK Foundation.
“Our first Ring 8 meeting of the year will introduce some of New York’s best young fighters to our members,” Ring 8 president Bob Duffy said. “We’re very happy to have ‘Tomorrow’s Champions’ as our guests. Wayne Kelly was a very close friend of mine and so many other people in boxing. He is missed but his name will live on through the foundation established by his children. They will make a presentation at our Ring 8 meeting.”
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia needs to make a statement against Rod Salka