- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
Tyson Fury backs Qatar-born Sheffield star Kid Galahad
Tyson Fury believes Qatar-born Sheffield star Kid Galahad is “ready for anyone” in the super bantamweight division.
Ahead of Galahad’s clash against Australian champion Fred ‘The General’ Mundraby for the vacant Commonwealth title on May 10 at Ponds Forge Arena, Sheffield, live on Channel 5, the undefeated 6’9” heavyweight sensation, Tyson, took time out of his training to back the rising superstar.
“He’s my man Kid Galahad, I’ve backed him from the beginning,” Tyson said.
“He’s the unbeaten former WBC International, British and European champion and I’m sure that on May 10th he’ll become the Commonwealth super bantamweight champion as well.”
The unbeaten Galahad (real name Abdul Barry Awad), 24, is on the brink of a world title opportunity and recently called out Bury’s WBA world champion Scott Quigg to meet him in a huge domestic showdown later in the year and the unbeaten former British, Commonwealth and Irish heavyweight champion, Tyson, 25, believes Barry has what it takes to go all the way.
“He can’t do anymore than he’s doing and I think if he fights Scott Quigg he beats him,” Tyson said.
“Quigg’s a come forward fighter and Barry’s a good boxer and a good boxer always beats a come forward fighter.
“I think Galahad is ready for anyone – Frampton, Quigg, lets get it on!!”
Also scheduled to fight in Sheffield is undefeated heavyweight sensation Hughie Lewis Fury as well as a whole host of local talent on the bill, including Sheffield’s Dave Howe, Callum Hancock, Tom Mcassey and Ryan Hardy, Barnsley’s Lee Noble, Rotherham’s Karl Bell, Chatteris fighter Jordan Gill and Morden’s former British champion and European title contender Lenny Daws.
Tyson is preparing for his domestic superfight with former world title contender Dereck Chisora at the Phones 4U Arena Manchester on July 26th, as he goes in search of the European title and a shot at the reigning IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…